Contract to Hire Position
Responsible for reviewing financial reports, monitoring accounts, and preparing activity reports and financial forecasts.
- Prepares financial and management reporting packages.
- Partners with the Director of Finance in the preparation of audit/review schedules and review of the books and records with an outside audit team (includes both financial and client audits)
- Assist with establishing, implementing and enforcing agency-wide travel and entertainment policies, procedures, work standards, and controls.
- Prepare ad hoc reports and performs duties as directed by the Director of Finance and CEO.
- Manage monthly closing process – prepare and reconcile for balance sheet, revenue and expense accounts.
- Assist Director of Finance in administering tax strategy for both payroll and corporate purposes.
- Maintain all corporate accounting records in accordance with established disposal schedules.
- Calculate client project and retainer fees as requested by account management or project management.
- Prepare Client hours and PL reports for account management.
- Work with account management to monitor and identify trends which would impact revenue forecasts.
- Maintain adequate internal controls of receipts and disbursements.
- Prepare and review monthly budget expense report with overhead budget owners.
- Business Acumen. Knows how businesses work; knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, and information affecting their business and organization; knows the competition; is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
- Decision Quality. Makes good decisions (without considering how much time it takes) based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; most of his/her solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; sought out by others for advice and solutions.
- Functional/Technical Skills. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Motivating Others. Creates a climate in which people want to do their best; can motivate many kinds of direct reports and team or project members; can assess each person’s hot button and use it to get the best out of them; pushes tasks and decisions down; empowers others; invites input from
each person and shares ownership and visibility; makes each individual feel their work is important; is someone people like working for and with.
- Negotiating. Can negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups; can settle differences with minimum noise; can win concessions without damaging relationships; can be both direct and forceful as well as diplomatic; gains trust quickly of other parties to the negotiations; has a good sense of timing.
- Problem Solving. Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answers.
- Ethics and Values. Adheres to an appropriate (for the setting) and effective set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; acts in line with those values; rewards the right values and disapproves of others; practices what he/she preaches.
Professional Skills & Knowledge
Should have knowledge of financial reporting, analysis and high proficiency with Excel and Word. Strong mathematical abilities, attention to detail, ability to handle multiple tasks.
8+ years of experience in financial management within an advertising agency setting, preferably. CPA is a plus.
Education & Training
Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, MBA or equivalent with experience in progressively accountable finance roles within growing organizations.