Why Work for Us?
Established in 2006, continues to grow dramatically within the IT/telecommunications/Automobility and SCM industry. We encourage our employees in personal development with a passion to succeed and we offer an excellent benefit package. Every employee has access to Medical, Vision, Dental, Life and 401K plus many more.
Media Relations Manager
Top 3 Skills: Media Relations, Public Relations, Marketing Communications
- 401K with Employer Match
- Company Paid Dental, Vision, Life and Medical up to 100%
- Paid Sick Leave
- Chance for VISA sponsoring
Education Requirement: Bachelor degree
Years of experience: 5+ years
Team’s Work Schedule: Hybrid - 4 days of the week
Work location: 837 or Ridgefield Park (must be able to travel to NYC for media engagements)
The Media Relations Manager supports the development and implementation of media relations strategy. The manager is a savvy communicator who will engage and develop strong relationship with influential members of the media. We are looking for an experienced and results-oriented PR professional with existing relationships with media contacts, in particular with lifestyle media. This role requires the ability to present technology in an easy and relatable way in front of an audience. The manager will report into the Sr. Manager of Media Relations
1. Engage and maintain relationships with media contacts alongside the Sr. Manager of Media Relations.
2. Create pitch materials and documents that demonstrate understanding of media relations and competitive landscapes
3. Drive positive stories on brand pillars (connectivity, sustainability, customization) in lifestyle media outlets
4. Support development and deployment of top-tier media relations strategy for brand campaigns, in particular sustainability and customer care. Support for additional strategic initiatives may be necessary.
5. Able to step in easily when needed on team projects from event management to media monitoring.
o 5-7 years of PR experience, either in-house or at an agency (knowledge managing an external agency a plus)
o Mainstream and lifestyle media relations experience
o Experience managing media relations for brand campaigns
o Creativity to bring fresh perspective to our work and come up with ideas that challenge status quo
o Ability to identify, develop and tell compelling stories
o Ability to track KPIs and translate results into key learnings and actions to inform future approach
o Excellent time management, organizational, and project management skills
o Solid written and verbal communication skills
o Results-driven media relations specialist with existing contacts
o Strong networker with ability to forge and maintain new media relationships
o Strategic thinker who thinks and speaks in numbers
o Extremely detail-oriented and solutions-oriented to deliver results
o Thrives under pressure and possess flexibility to manage multiple priorities and pivots
o Energy and passion to collaborate and contribute to team culture
(include higher education, certifications, and whether required and/or preferred)
o Bachelor’s degree
BTI Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer m/f/d/v.