Pay Range: $22 - $35/hr (Depends on Experience)
Why Work for Us?
Established in 2006, continues to grow dramatically within the IT, telecommunications, Automotive and SCM industry. We encourage our employees in personal development with a passion to succeed and we offer an excellent benefit package. Every employee has access to Medical, Vision, Dental, Life and 401K plus many more.
401K with Employer Match
Company Paid Dental, Vision, Life and Medical up to 100%
Paid Sick Leave
Chance for VISA sponsoring
BTI Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer m/f/d/v.
General Position Purpose:
The role of this position encompasses a wide scope of activities and initiatives that will bring solutions to complex applications problems, system administration issues or network concerns. Network Engineers will work with mobile devices testing the latest features in the technology and /or telecommunication available on the market. The testing scope includes connectivity test, field test, and others as required. The position requires the Network Engineer to perform systems management and integration functions involving engineering work on cellular, wireless devices and systems.
• Verify stability and portability of networks and software
• Communicate project information through technical reports
• Perform ongoing hardware and software maintenance operations, including installing or upgrading hardware or software
• Provide technical guidance or support for the development or troubleshooting of systems
• Work on field testing on 3GPP standards based on cellular system such as GSM, EDGE, WCDMA, HSPA, LTE and 5G. The testing conducts various types of mobility and stationary RF, Data and Software test cases in the field and lab of 5G, LTE, WCDMA, UMTS, GSM or any related with network service
• Research, test, monitor or verify proper functioning of software patches
• Analyze and determine issues; check the similar/same issue history, design test plan (location, models, basic parameters, considerations, etc.), field test and/or lab test, set test environment and parameters regarding network circumstance
• Capture all the requested and required logs and analyzing them; determine what the log shows, confirm whether the issue is cleared or remained, professional report, and communicate with R&D or/and QA team
• Perform testing and engineering services in both stationery and mobility conditions as needed
• May require to support carrier lab testing by project needs and other duties as assigned
• May require weekend/holiday work depending on project
• Must be flexible and able to work extended hours as needed to support testing and client needs.
• Travel up to 30% to 50% per project needs and requirements.
Education and Technology Skill Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree Preferred in Electronics, Software Engineering Communication, Computer Network Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Telecommunications
• General understanding for telecommunication knowledge and Android platform device
• Analytical, Scientific, Data Mining and Database management software
• Access software, cloud-based management software, communications server software
• Strong knowledge of 5G, LTE, HSPA+/WCDMA including PHY/MAC, signaling, call processing concepts and upper layers.
• Good understanding on GSM, GPRS, EDGE, WCDMA, CDMA, HSPA, LTE, 5G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, mobile phone software architecture and telecommunication network configuration
• Preferred experience in analyzing logs, troubleshooting issues from field for UMTS/GSM CS, PS calls, LTE/5G Data calls, metric test is plus. Experience with specific logging/analysis tools such as Shannon DM, QXDM, QPST, XCAL, XCAP
• Experience with Transport Layer protocols such as TCP, UDP, and analysis tools such as Wireshark
• Proficient with MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, Power Point) is essential for creating the test reports
• Knowledge of general network protocol as well as wireless Technology – 5G, LTE, GSM, CDMA
• Understanding of TCP/UDP, IP Packet, OSI Protocol Model
• Solid understanding of SW testing techniques and methodologies
• Internet browser and Internet protocol IP multimedia subsystem software
• Transaction security and virus protection software; Network monitoring software
• Deep understanding of QA methodologies and processes
• Knowledge of scripting languages: e.g. Adb shell scripting
Must have the following competencies:
• Reliable with good time management skills
• Analytical thinker/Problem Solver/Decision Maker
• Attention to detail, organization, planning and prioritizing work
• Results oriented/Takes initiative
• Build Relationships/Client Focused/Service Minded/Communication with Supervisors and Peers
• Self-motivated with a positive mindset and works well in team environment or on an individual basis
• Great interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication skills
• Safe driving practices with ability to drive in various conditions
• Effectively manages time to complete tasks within established time frames.
801 E Campbell Rd. Suite 230, Richardson, Texas 75081, USA