Job Description: 5G System Test Engineer
We are looking for a 5G System Test engineer to join our Wireless network team. You will be a key contributor as a product validation engineer in a multi-functional team of R&D, Systems engineering, and System Test.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for product validation, feature validation, systems and performance analysis for 5G RAN products focusing on Air interface, E2E performance, and Call Processing.
• Analyzing the product and feature requirements, converting them into system test cases and execution to ensure the product meets customer specs.
• Aid in product & feature performance analysis, evaluation of new product & SW releases
• Perform detailed analysis of 5G Wireless Protocols
• Responsible for analyzing and troubleshooting the issues
• Ensures that customer commitments are achieved according to plan.
• Works closely with various support organizations, logistics, and cross- functional teams from SEA and Samsung HQ to achieve successful new product roll-outs and developments.
• Validation expert in driving the technical solutions to customer through complex organizational dynamics
• Leveraging your ability to communicate effectively with all levels of organization as well as HQ partners on initiatives
Excellence Dealing with Ambiguity
• Bringing your experience in problem solving and ability to navigate complex organizations with pivotal shifts
• Testing experience in lab environment
is a must.
• Experience in EMS systems, configuring network elements, software upgrades, etc…
• Experience with system testing activities such as feature validation, test description documentation, test strategy creation and problem troubleshooting.
• Good understanding on 5G concepts such as DL/UL scheduling, LTE power control, Beamforming fundamentals, MIMO.
• Strong knowledge in 5G air interface and call processing technologies and network architecture specifically focused on Radio Access Network
• Good understanding of overall Wireless systems with emphasis on PHY, MAC, RLC, RRC and PDCP layers
• Experience with SW development is beneficial
• Understanding of 3GPP systems: Core and RAN
• Understanding of HW as well as SW architecture
• Experience with test tools including protocol analyzers, XCAL/QXDM, Wireshark, Channel Emulator, Spectrum Analyzers, Signal Generators, etc.
• Undergraduate Degree in engineering with 5 years of directly related experience is required. A Masters with 3+ years’ experience is preferred
• Bachelor’s Degree in EE or Telecommunication is required
• Ability to travel sporadically during the project