As an Embedded Hardware Engineer, you will be responsible for providing technical experience to a multi-disciplinary team, including firmware, hardware, software, and mobile developers. The ability to be responsive, flexible, and communicate clearly, both technical and non-technical, will be critical to your success in this role.
You will participate in the design, integration, and improvement of the firmware stacks for the computational board embedded in our devices. This will include component selection, schematic design, PCB layout, and board bring-up activities.
- Use technical knowledge to influence decisions over multiple teams and products
- Work as an adviser to the product leadership team
- Participate in high-level reviews of architecture and product designs
- Demonstrate a high level of design creativity and positive impact
- Work to set engineering excellence and establish company best-practices efforts within the department
- Work to explore external technology offerings
- Work with external vendors regarding current and future technology needs
- Work cross functionally with various groups (HW, SW, Product, ME) to develop and validate potential new product and service offerings
- Passion for providing a great customer experience in all our products through the quality and usability of released hardware
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent required
- 5+ years of hardware development experience including full life cycle and design-to delivery experience
- Hands-on experience in rapid prototyping of hardware, including utilizing dev kits, 3D printing, and embedded software
- Full product life-cycle experience, including brainstorming, product prototyping, and realization, design for very-low-cost manufacturing, high-volume manufacturing, and field support
- Experience with PCB design and layout, including ORCAD design package
- Experience with regulatory compliance for hardware including FCC, UL, IEEE-1725, and CEC
- Experience with embedded system design including processor selection, communication protocols (USB, SPI, I2C, etc.), extremely low power design, sensor integration, and multi-radio integration
- Experience with RF technology and RF design, especially for Bluetooth and Wi-Fi
- Experience with basic mechanical design including CAD design tools such as SolidWorks and 3D modeling of electronic designs
Why Work for Us?
Established in 2006, continues to grow dramatically within the IT/telecommunications/Automobility and SCM industry. We encourage our employees in personal development with a passion to succeed and we offer an excellent benefit package. Every employee has access to Medical, Vision, Dental, Life and 401K plus many more.
401K with Employer Match
Company Paid Dental, Vision, Life and Medical up to 100%
Paid Sick Leave
Chance for VISA sponsoring
BTI Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.