- Perform various kinds of testing including but not limited to Unit Testing, Drive Testing, Usability Testing, functional/performance testing on Mobile phones in the field to determine Modem SW Quality and stability of the Handset.
- Use various testing tools to capture relevant data from the devices during testing for analysis.
- Report defects discovered on the DUTs in each project.
- Follow up on discovered defects including by updating defects database by raising tickets, tracking defects through their resolution, working with R&D Teams on verification of fixes.
- Work closely with customers to perform testing on customer handsets and provide extensive customer support by reproducing issues or Device crashes in the field.
- Provide test and debugging support for third party test houses and Labs which work in close cooperation.
- Display a can-do attitude and initiative by interacting with other teams in the US to understand project needs and accordingly perform and modify test requirements & plans.
- As a Field Test Engineer, serve as eyes and ears to observe unique network behavior and report such findings to R&D accordingly to improve Modem SW Quality.
- Think out of the box to come up with innovative solutions or test methodologies when issues are observed.
- Technical proficiency/good understanding of Wireless Technologies such as GSM, UMTS, LTE, VoLTE, IMS.
- Education: Associate Degree in Electrical/Network Engineering, Telecommunications or related field. Equivalent Experience in Mobile Device Testing may be considered instead of relevant Education.
- Operating Systems: Unix/Linux, Android, Windows
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to work independently as well as an effective Team Player.
- Solid bug tracking and test reporting skills including knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Flexibility to travel at a short notice of up to 2 weeks at a time as and when required by business needs.
- Ability to work in a small team and be self-driven and self-motivated.
- Document Test plans & test procedures once assigned activity is completed for future use.
- 0-1 year Experience with wireless technologies such as 2/3/4G, IMS, VoLTE/ViLTE, SIP, and Connectivity Technologies or Master’s in Engineering degree
- Understanding of US Operator Device Acceptance Requirements.
- Education: Bachelors in Telecommunication Engineering.
- Experience with Mobile phone testing either through internship or work experience Handset Test experience with Operators or Commercial OEMs or through academic projects.
- Familiarity with Android OS Devices including knowledge of ADB Commands.
- Ability to develop Test Plans, Standard Operating Procedure documents etc.
Why Work for Us?
Established in 2006, continues to grow dramatically within the IT/telecommunications/Automobility and SCM industry. We encourage our employees in personal development with a passion to succeed and we offer an excellent benefit package. Every employee has access to Medical, Vision, Dental, Life and 401K plus many more.
401K with Employer Match
Company Paid Dental, Vision, Life and Medical up to 100%
Paid Sick Leave
Chance for VISA sponsoring
BTI Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.