We are looking for a Senior Systems engineer experienced in Virtualized RAN OAM functions to join our Networks team. You will be a key contributor as a Subject Matter Expert in a multi-functional team of R&D, Systems Engineering, and product validation to introduce products to Wireless Carrier.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work with cross-functional teams to conduct customer deep-dive sessions, new technology introduction on OpenStack / Kubernetes VM/Container based RAN product line.
• Responsible for analyzing the customer requirements, converting them to system requirements and work with R&D for the high level solution approach/design
• Responsible for technical management of new products and software releases to ensure that promised features are delivered with expected performance
• Provide technical support for the pre-sales process and create compelling technical and commercial solutions to help achieve business objectives
• Translate and communicate complex technical design considerations to sales team and customers
• Ability to travel sporadically during the project
• Subject Matter Expert in driving the technical solutions to customer through complex organizational dynamics
• Leveraging your ability to communicate effectively with all levels of organization as well as HQ partners on initiatives
Excellence Dealing with Ambiguity
• Bringing your experience in problem solving and ability to navigate complex organizations with pivotal shifts
• Minimum of 8-10 years of RAN FCAPS/OAM knowledge/experience with exposure to Virtualization
• Bachelor’s Degree in EE/CS is required. Advanced Degree is beneficial
• Must have experience with FCAPS (Fault, Configuration, Performance, Security) management of RAN elements (CU/DU) in wireless networks
• Must have experience with virtualized solutions in Wireless Networks. Virtualized RAN Application Management / OAM design and development is highly beneficial.
• Must have experience in working with R&D teams, finalizing feature roadmaps and presenting in technical deep-dive sessions to customer
• Must have experience with High Availability (HA) systems
• Good to have an understanding of Netconf protocol, YANG models, REST APIs, and VES (Virtual Event Streaming)
• Experience or understanding in managing OpenStack / Kubernetes environment is highly beneficial.
• Experience with designing/deploying Wireless RAN/Core applications in Public Cloud (ex: AWS) or AWS Outpost or VMWare environment is highly beneficial.
• Experience in authoring the SW upgrade procedures and Root Cause Analysis (RCA) for high severity issues in the commercial network is beneficial
• Understanding of 3GPP systems: Core and RAN networks, architecture and protocols is beneficial
• Experience in configuring virtual switches, network connections, Virtual port types (ie: SR-IOV, virtio), Security Groups, VLANs is beneficial
• Experience in SW development with Java and web based applications is beneficial
BTI Recruiting Team
801 E Campbell Rd. Suite 230, Richardson, Texas 75081, USA