Responsible for understanding Telematics specifications and functional requirements. Telematics Engineer will construct and execute Telematics function validation plan and testing. Telematics Engineer must have excellent communication skills and, strong interpersonal skills to work with customers effectively.
• Understand the system and sub-system specification
• Understand customers Telematics feature requirements
• Collaborate feasibility study with internal core development team
• Communicate effectively with software design and validation teams to improve overall system performance
• Prepare the technical evaluation and proposals for engineering change proposals
• Participate in design review
• Responsible for communication with customer on design definition
• Responsible for project management and project review with customers
• Creation of system test plans based on specifications and standards
• Analyze the test results by using all types of logs collected from field and/or lab tests
• Report manager whether test issues have been resolved
• Must be able to work flexible work hours
• Must have attention to detail and be self-motivated and responsible
BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science
• Design and validation experience in Telematics
• Experience with the following tools: V-CAN, M-CAN, N-BUS, TCP/IP
• Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Must have experience with OEM vehicle development projects from start to production
• Experience and knowledge of Telematics System and Vehicle Head Unit
Must have the following competencies:
• Must take responsibility is reliable and results oriented/Takes initiative
• Be an analytical thinker/Problem Solver/Decision Maker
• Have excellent time management skills and is an organized planner/Attention to detail
• Great interpersonal skills and communicator who builds relationships/Client Focused & Service Minded
The position will work indoors the majority of the time and will be exposed to typical temperature and noise levels maintained in a lab environment.
The physical demands of the job will include standing, bending, sitting, lifting, walking and driving. The position will require the individual to be able to lift up to 25 lbs. occasionally.
Why Work for Us?
Established in 2006, BTI is an ISO 9001:2008 certified company that continues to grow dramatically within the telecommunications industry. BTI Solutions offers a competitive benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental and Vision, Life insurance, 401K, plus more. BTI Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
BTI Recruiting Team
801 E Campbell Rd. Suite 230, Richardson, Texas 75081, USA