BTI Solutions offers a competitive benefits package that includes:
Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k, sick leaves, and more.
Safety Coordinator job profile
Safety Coordinators are responsible for planning, implementing and overseeing company's employee safety at work. Their main duty is to ensure that the company is in compliance and adheres to Occupational Health and Safety (OHSA) guidelines to reduce work-related injuries. In order to attract a Safety Coordinator that best matches your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Safety Coordinator job description.
Safety Coordinators job description
We are looking for an experienced and responsible Safety Officer to join our team. As a Safety Officer, you will be responsible for facilitating compliance with occupational health and safety (OSH) guidelines. Your main goal will be to always ensure a safe working environment and prevent any injuries and accidents.
Safety Coordinator duties and responsibilities
- Plan and implement OHSA policies and programs
- Advise and lead employees on various safety-related topics
- Prepare educational seminars and webinars on a regular basis
- Review existing policies and procedures
- Adhere to all the rules and regulations
- Work with HR to set up a new employee on-boarding process for safety
- Conduct risk assessment
- Enforce preventative measures
- Identify process bottlenecks and offer timely solutions
- Check if all the employees are acting in adherence with rules and regulations
- Prepare and present reports on accidents and violations and determine causes
- Evaluate and support the new hires for MHE / Forklift operation.
- Regular check and monitoring with MHE/forklift/yard jockey working environment and maintenance status
- Create and maintain safety documentations
- Oversee workplace repair, installations and any other work that could harm employees' safety
Safety Coordinator requirements and qualifications
- 2 years of experience as a Safety Coordinator or similar role
- Excellent knowledge of legislations and procedures
- Excellent knowledge of potentially hazardous materials or practices
- Experience with writing policies and procedures for health and safety
- Familiarity with conducting data analysis and reporting statistics
- Proficient in MS Office
- Working knowledge of safety management information system
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Able to work warehouse working environment / Team player
- Great interpersonal communication and time-management skills
- Certificate in occupational health and safety
BTI Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer m/f/d/v.