Detailed oriented Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer to be involved with all Quality Assurance activities including LTE and 5G Field Protocol, SIM OTA activation testing.
The main function of a QA mobile engineer is to develop and executing test strategies, plans, and validating UE functionality in on 4G/5G air interface and call processing technology.
Ensuring UE (user equipment) is meeting QA and Carrier requirements.
The typical QA mobile test engineer will be responsible for performing detailed analysis of 4G and 5G protocols including field testing with mobile handset devices in live network.
- Analyzing the customer requirements, converting then into system requirements and capturing of detail design for the development team.
- Aid in product & feature performance analysis, evaluation of new product & SW releases
- Responsible for analyzing and troubleshooting issues reported from customer labs, field sites and production network.
- Review and provide recommendations to improve UE performance by evaluating and trending key KPIs, performing trials and providing optimization guidelines.
- Set up test plans to meet deadlines based on given request by project lead
- Able to determine risk items based on issues found during the test
- Able to travel 25% of the time.
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Basic ability to work independently and manage one's time.
- Have a solid understanding of the end to end LTE and 5G Network Architecture
- Strong knowledge in 4G and 5G air interface and call processing technologies and network architecture specifically focused on Radio Access Network
- Familiarity or expert in utilizing UE log post processing tools (QXDM, QCAT, Wireshark) with good understanding in OTA signaling messages is a plus.
- Able to analyze and debug IMS related features including but not limited to registration, VoLTE/VoWiFi/ViLTE/Conferencing/SMS/MMS/RCS is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field required.
- 2-3 years experience preferred.