|Role and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the verification, certification and validation of device chipsets, mobile device products and applications
- Includes testing handset software and hardware in live networks in a mobile or stationary CDMA and/or GSM environment
- Field testing (drive testing) in designated test areas for various operators.
- Characterization and discovery of drive routes to meet coverage requirements when designated areas are not mapped.
- Basic GPS test (TTFF, GPS driving, NLP, GPS stress), 4-way tracking, basic functionality, drive test, E911, SUPL, pre-qualification test, OTDOA, MTLR drive test
- Plan and execute system level testing for the next generation of GPS systems
- Project Management / Team Management
- Solid understanding of wireless and mobile technologies (GSM/GPRS/EDGE, W-CDMA/HSPA+, LTE, Bluetooth®, Wi-Fi®, RFID/NFC)
- Create, execute, maintain and report on product feature performance, conformance, and regression tests
- Participate in review of requirements and contribute to detail specification of features for new networking products
- Candidate must be technically sound on hardware/software development and release processes, detail oriented, able to identify, troubleshoot, and clearly document all problems and drive quality to exceed customer expectations
- Fundamental Knowledge of RF Technology and RF Test Equipment
- Knowledge of wireless protocol log capturing and diagnosis tools for various chipsets such as QXDM, Shannon DM, Wireshark, Air Logging tool
- Familiar with test management software like Quality Center (beneficial, not required)
- Experience in call processing for CDMA & GSM device
- Three (3)+ years of relevant experience with at least BSCS or equivalent degree in EE/Computer Science or similar engineering degree, or equivalent experience
Why Work for Us?
Established in 2006, BTI is an ISO 9001:2008 certified company that continues to grow dramatically within the telecommunications industry. BTI Solutions offers a competitive benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental and Vision, Life insurance, 401K, plus more. BTI Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.