This job is related to claim which occurred during transportation and/or warehousing operation.
The Claim Operations Clerk will perform tasks to include data entry, generating and validating reports and documents, answering phones, filing and emailing customers/vendors in terms of communication.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- File shortage claims based on shortage investigation from SP report mgmt., theft notification, WH notification
- File damage claims based on damaged returns
- Update new claims and remove closed/paid claims from recovery list
- Communicate with 3PL/Carrier/Client to recover claim payment, review declines if valid
- Gather BOL, POD, different invoices from GMP, WMP
- Gather/analyze claims, payment data on monthly basis for reporting to Client
- Update all outbound information needed for all invoices and determine ownership of each line item
- Review invoice deductions to determine credit validity
- Review UPS tracking to determine credit validity
- Update SP report on weekly basis to share with Client claim team for review
- C/call with carrier/client to discuss/resolve escalated issues (need basis)
- Gather claim documents to send to insurance
- Validate which invoice needs to be added to documentation for insurance recovery.
- Gather all claims information for insurance claims, send to SFM no later than the 10th
- Investigate and support as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned.
|MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Computer skills: ability to understand and perform job tasks using computer programs, such as MS Office Products (particularly excellent for Excel) and ERP system knowledge.
- Relevant (preferred) minimum of 3 years’ worth of experience in a Cargo Claim operation position.
- In lieu of Cargo claim experience, a minimum of 3 years in Transportation/Logistics, Inventory control and/or Warehousing operations.
- General knowledge of shipping operations.
- Commitment to excellence and high-standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention-to-detail, accuracy, problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to accomplish tasks in a timely manner.