Negotiate, structure and manage commercial contracts that (a) establish business relationships with customers, vendors and/or other third parties and (b) support initiatives undertaken to meet legal, technical, regulatory and business requirements. Interact with internal/external clients, management, customers and vendors/other third parties. Work with supervising attorneys as necessary or required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: Other duties may be assigned. In this position, either directly or through others, the incumbent will:
• Prepare agreements (examples include Non-Disclosures, Distribution, Service Agreements, Purchase Agreements, Sales Agreements, Contractor Services Agreements, Software and IP License Agreements, Consulting Agreements) for submission to customers, internal clients and third parties
• Review and independently handle first-tier negotiations of complex commercial customer and vendor/third party agreements
• Directly interact with internal clients, customer and third party/vendor representatives
• Support legal department risk management and litigation initiatives as requested by attorneys
• Support special projects as requested by attorneys
• Using ECMS tool, ensure appropriate legal review at all stages of document processing from initiation, through review/negotiation, Executive Summary and execution
Background/Experience to qualify for this position, the following minimal background and skill levels are required:
• Bachelor’s degree and 5-7 years of work experience negotiating complex commercial transactions required; JD preferred
• Must be a self-starter and multi-tasker, have a professional appearance and must not mind assisting department with administrative tasks as needed
• Must have previous experience as a Contracts Manager, or functionally similar role
• Must have significant experience with direct negotiations of complex business arrangements and agreements
• Legal telecommunications, intellectual property and vendor transactional experience highly desired
• Must have experience working with middle to senior management
• Must have excellent negotiation skills
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Must have solid skills using Word and Outlook and have the capacity to learn/use proprietary process tools (intermediate skill in Excel and PowerPoint considered a plus)
Necessary Skills/Attributes to qualify for this position, the following skills and abilities must be demonstrated at a proficient level:
• Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with all appropriate levels within and outside the company.
• Plan, organize and prioritize multiple assignments and projects.
• Read, write, and interpret sales and product materials, documents, contracts or related sales and marketing documents.
• Demonstrate competency in both oral and written modes for internal and external personnel at all levels.
• Work independently and in a team environment, in order to achieve personal and team goals.
• Perform tasks and work assignments with minimal instruction using general policies as a guide.
• Analyze problems to determine, take or recommend appropriate courses of action, using creativity to search for solutions from among learned experiences.
• Maintain strict confidentiality of all information learned, shared, used or stored in the Legal Department or otherwise.
• Approach tasks and work assignments with a sense of urgency; handle high volume in a time-sensitive framework.
• Strong sense of internal customer focus.
• Work well under pressure and tight deadlines.
Physical/Mental Demands and Working Conditions: The position requires the ability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities in the following environment:
• Operate a computer keyboard and view a video display terminal more than 95% of work time requiring high finger/hand dexterity, moderately high motor coordination in a sedentary position 50% of the work time.
• Visual acuity, color distinction, numeric and character detail distinction for the analysis and preparation of statistical reports and information.
• Lift, move, or adjust general office equipment, boxes or materials weighing up to 25 pounds using proper materials handling equipment and procedures.
• Under limited supervision with moderate responsibility to apply general policies and guidelines where most work is not directly verified and may involve internal losses or cost to correct. Position has access to confidential data where disclosure is detrimental to the Co.’s interests.
• Occasionally work additional hours beyond normal schedule.
• Budgetary responsibility and expense authority under $1,000.
BTI Recruiting Team
801 E Campbell Rd. Suite 230, Richardson, Texas 75081, USA