Job Title: Customer Support Engineer
Location: Plano, TX
Incumbent, under general supervision, is responsible to provide level 2/3 technical support to the Authorized Service Partners, service partner onboarding, and field service support of Chromebook and laptop products. Train and provide technical support for Authorized Service Center personnel in level 2 and 3 component repairs. Investigate, diagnose, report, and assist in the resolution and management of product quality. Assist in the concept, development, technical writing, preparation and critical review of technical reports, technical documents, test procedures, user guides, installation and maintenance manuals. Perform approved Customer and Engineering on-site field product testing, data collection, system evaluation and problem resolution projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: Other duties may be assigned. In this position, either directly or through others, the incumbent will:
• Develops and provides Chromebook and laptop training materials and on-site training certification for Authorized Service Providers, and Enterprise Customers.
• Perform site evaluations to prepare service partners for service authorization and site audits to maintain high quality standards for compliance with industry certifications.
• Provides level 2/3 technical customer support of all service partners. Performs advanced diagnostics of products for cause and extent of failures. Provides repair resolutions and instructions on-site or via telephone communications with the customer or repair technicians.
• Develops product inspection, tests, diagnostics and repair procedures. Identifies and initiates improvements in product testing techniques, tools and repair processes. Provides product test and repair standards for new products. Works closely with HQ engineering to resolve technical issues and to develop product test and repair modifications.
• Manage collection and delivery of product or part samples to assist Quality Teams in product quality assessments and resolution strategies.
• Trains and provides Field Support Engineers with technical support and problem resolutions for customer and sales department reported issues.
• Trains and provides technical support to Authorized Service Center personnel on appropriate resolution to questions and issues directed from customers.
• Maintains a high level of technical knowledge within the SEA product lineup and new product launch information to inform Support Account Managers, Sales & Customer Service Departments. Identifies performance problems and disseminates pertinent technical and repair information to appropriate SEA personnel. Shares improvements and experiences in product troubleshooting, failure analysis, diagnostics and repair techniques with repair technician team members and supervisors, to improve repair productivity and to enhance the quality of product performance.
Background/Experience to qualify for this position, the following minimal background and skill levels are required:
• Associates Degree (EET) from an accredited technical school, junior college or two years of a four-year college or university education in a technical engineering field of study or equivalent work experience. Bachelor Engineering Technology BET or BS Bachelor Science Engineering preferred ,
• Should have 5-8 years of experience in laptop and Chromebook technologies including 5-8 years in a digital circuitry, electronic component testing, failure diagnostics and repair services position at a senior level.
• Experience with the selection, maintenance and application of electronic and test equipment such as, scopes, multi-meters, signal generators, RF spectrum analyzers, Wireless test sets and low voltage power supplies.
• Experience using Microsoft PC software applications operating in a Windows Enterprise environment and managing large device enterprise device deployments.
• High level experience with Windows and Chrome operating systems, software diagnostic utilities, BIOS firmware, and driver/OS update management, as well as reviewing devices logs to troubleshoot common issues.
• In-depth understanding and experience of WiFi network topologies, access points and AP controllers, as well as an understanding of checking for firmware compatibility between devices and network infrastructure.
• Experience with performing data packet capture and understanding logs to diagnose WiFi communication failure points exhibited in the logging data.
Necessary Skills/Attributes for this position the following skills and abilities must be demonstrated at a proficient level
• The ability to development and maintain excellent working relationships with multiples levels within the company and with external contacts including customers, authorized service agents, sales & equipment service representatives, etc. Must be able to influence others in acceptance, approval and to provide technical clarification.
• The ability to gather and analyze data from multiple sources, prepare spreadsheets, charts, graphs and tables of information and to plan and prioritize multiple work assignments.
• The ability to read, writes, provide critical technical review and prepare reports, technical manuals, test procedures and technical product repair information.
• Demonstrated English language competency in both oral and written communication modes for both internal and external communications, especially in training of repair technician communications of troubleshooting techniques.
• Work under very little supervision and guidance to identify and ensure achievement of production team goals and to complete individual work assignments within established time frames.
• The demonstrated ability to solve problems involving highly diverse conditions requiring creativity to search for solutions among learned things. Exposed to situations where only broad and general guidelines for solving problems exist. Job duties require analysis and judgement of functional practices and daily experiences be used to determine appropriate courses of action.
BTI Recruiting Team
801 E Campbell Rd. Suite 230, Richardson, Texas 75081, USA