Mobile Device Engineer (Lab Test)
San Diego, CA
may require working OT and occasionally on the weekends
We are looking for a candidate who has 1+ years of mobile device lab test experience.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the verification, certification and validation of device chipsets, mobile device products and applications
- Responsible for loading the new Binaries in to the devices (Flashing), Update RF calibration data, and execute stationary and field test cases.
- Responsible for testing features like Mobile origination, termination, long calls, basic Sanity, Regression, Throughput, Datum, CSFB, SRLTE, Hybrid, 1xRTT, IOT, VoLTE, CA, Stationery and Mobility testing etc.
- Responsible for performing IRAT Handover Testing, Cell Selection & Reselection Tests, Mobility, PS, CS, SMS & Supplementary Services, KPI testing, Datum for both Downlink and Uplink, Throughput testing for 5G, LTE, 3G & 2G technologies
- Includes testing handset software and hardware in live networks in a mobile or stationary CDMA and GSM environment
- Field testing (drive testing) in designated test areas for various operators.
- Identify new issues and performing intensive regression testing of device targets and raising the new issue using the PLM.
- Characterization and discovery of drive routes to meet coverage requirements when designated areas are not mapped.
- Project Management / Team Management
- Good understanding of AGPS, AMBS, AMR-MM/MR, Bluetooth, Call Processing, Carrier Aggregation, Connectivity, CSFB, E911, Email, IMS Video Calling, IPME, Inter/Intra- RAT Mobility, IPv6, LAA, MFBI, MMS, MWI, OTA/SMS, NumberSync, Small cell, RF Performance, UCE, User Experience, Wi-Fi calling, WLAN, etc.
- Experience in AGPS, GNNS, OTDOA, Bluetooth, CNAM, Device Security, CAT1, Echolocate, EVS, IR94, LTE-U, RCS, RTT, VoLTE, 4x4 MIMO, Wi-Fi calling, FOTA, IOT, CMAS, Mobile Hotspot, small cell, NFC, Mobile Hotspot, partner brands, protocol, Carrier Aggregation, VoLTE/IMS, Sim unlock, RF parametric, Robotics, signal bar testing, SUPL, User Experience, Visual Voicemail, Tethering & Wi-Fi sharing, etc.
- Project Management / Team Management
- Solid understanding of wireless and mobile technologies (GSM/GPRS/EDGE, W-CDMA/HSPA+, LTE, Bluetooth®, Wi-Fi®, RFID/NFC, EVDO,1xRTT)
- Create, execute, maintain, and report on product feature performance, conformance, and regression tests
- Participate in review of requirements and contribute to detail specification of features for new networking products
Must have the following competencies:
- Candidate must be technically sound on hardware/software development and release processes, detail oriented, able to identify, troubleshoot, and clearly document all problems and drive quality to exceed customer expectations
- Fundamental Knowledge of RF Technology and RF Test Equipment
- Knowledge of wireless protocol log capturing and diagnosis tools for various chipsets such as QXDM, Shannon DM, Wireshark, Air Logging tool along with lab testing tool such as Anritsu, Agilent, Anite, R&S, Keysight
- Familiar with test management software like QualityCenter (beneficial, not required)
- Experience in call processing for CDMA & GSM device
- Familiar with test specifications like VZW FIT testing, AT&T 10776, DG11, GCF et.al.
- At least one (1) + year of relevant experience with at least BSCS or equivalent degree in EE/Computer Science or similar engineering degree, or equivalent experience
- Must take responsibility
- Be an analytical thinker/Problem Solver/Decision Maker
- Have excellent time management/Resource management
- Organized planner/Attention to detail
- Results oriented/Takes initiative
- Development of others/Teamwork
- Build Relationships/Client Focused/Service Minded
- Self-motivated, responsible in work
- Positive mindset and active personality
- Great interpersonal skills/Communicator
The position will work indoors the majority of the time and will be exposed to typical temperature and noise levels maintained in an office environment.
The position will be exposed to seasonal weather changes and conditions while working outdoors.