The Procurement team delivers results to all divisions. As a shared service across functional areas, Procurement leads vendor management initiatives by working closely with business owners and internal Procurement team members. Identifies and implements best-in-class solutions to ensure purchasing, vendor management and compliance requirements are met. The atmosphere within the team is high speed, high intensity, and high expectations.
The Procurement Analyst has overall responsibility of supporting the strategy for vendor registration, vendor performance evaluations, and continuous improvement for the indirect procurement operations. The right candidate will have Knowledge/expertise in vendor management and/or evaluation functions capable of executing defined strategy. He/She will work across multiple teams across geographies to drive improvements in operational systems, processes and policies to drive best in class execution and vendor compliance.
Role and Responsibilities
Responsible to execute procurement strategy to evaluate vendor risk and performance. This position will be responsible for indirect vendor registration and will manage the vendor performance evaluation process for marketing projects nationwide to ensure work was performed to the expected level of quality and satisfaction of marketing project owners. Additionally, the Procurement Analyst will support driving VERS & BQMS (Vendor Management and Sourcing Portals) adoption and usage by working closely with HQ, audit, internal Procurement team members and business owners. Finally, the position will also be responsible for strong financial analytical support and serve as the “go-to” individual acting as the primary liaison between Procurement, audit, and internal business areas to support collaborative Procurement/Finance, Audit & Marketing strategic initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Skills and Qualifications
- In this position, either directly or through others, the candidate will:
- Manage the vendor on-boarding process for assigned business categories
- Perform preliminary risk-based review of vendor on-boarding requests and associated documents to ensure compliance to policies
- Own vendor master records in ERP system
- Provide guidance to business teams on the process required to register suppliers for vendor pool
- Work with Procurement and business teams to identify opportunities to improve the efficiency of the process and systems utilized for vendor onboarding
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders to perform annual performance evaluations for key vendors
- Build relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including suppliers, to gather and understand critical information for annual performance evaluations
- Develop improvement plan, corrective action plan, or escalation plan to properly address any discrepancies in performance found during evaluations
- Record, track, and summarize performance evaluation data for reporting to top management
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or a related field from a four-year college or university
- 0-2+ years’ experience (or equivalent) in Purchasing, Procurement, Strategic Sourcing, Audit, or Project Management
- In-depth use and knowledge of MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and SAP
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, and strong prioritization skills to manage multiple projects simultaneously; Must be a strong team player and able to lead or participate on cross functional teams
- This position demands a high degree of ethics and professionalism to ensure control of the company’s expenditures
- Excellent analytical, planning, negotiation, and written & oral communication skills
- Proven ability to influence others and drive meaningful change results