The candidate is responsible for day to day project management of devices and software leading to technical acceptance with smart phone carriers. In this role they will drive daily activities to prepare the device / software for necessary development and test activities, maintain schedules for submissions and approvals and coordinate customer interactions and communications.
In addition to the project management tasks, this individual will be an engineering representative using technical knowledge to proactively interface with developers, test managers, and customer account teams to understand and analyze any issues which arise during the development process and communicate with the development team to resolve issues in a timely manner. Above all else, excellence in this role requires the desire and capability of acting with initiative.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Works with development teams to maintain integrated project schedules incorporating carrier HW, SW, and test requirements, and corresponding deliverables.
• Reviews and understands complex customer requirements and articulate them clearly to R&D.
• Manages issue reports, ensuring adequate information and logs are available for development, Drive issue resolution with detailed technical responses.
• Works with and aligns product, engineering and QA teams across multiple geographic locations (in particular the US and Korea) to deliver product that meets product requirements with high quality and on time
• Prepares and manages all hardware and software deliverables to the customer and works with development teams to ensure all required materials are available in advance to the committed delivery date.
• Participates in weekly meetings with appropriate internal teams regarding project activities, updates, deliverables, and planning to assure milestones and expectations are met or exceeded.
• Coordinates joint meetings with R&D, test managers and customer account teams, as needed, to ensure timely product development and deliverables schedule.
• Determines in conjunction with development representatives the proper course of action for issues based on customer input.
• Regularly and effectively communicates project status, key achievements, issues, potential or actual risks, schedules, and status of deliverables.
• Provides initial technical support to internal and external customers, collecting all necessary information / logs necessary for the development team. Coordinates all additional support, carrier or third parties required to address open items.
• Provides support for SW driver installation, device software updates, and end user update tools.
• Reviews submission material managed by the Mobile Engineering Lab.
• Plans mobile device SW Maintenance Releases for submission to carriers, providing clear and detailed information on all the changes since the last iteration. If a known change in SW or HW is planned, communicate this to all involved parties.
• Monitors customer(s) bug tracking and issue reporting information/portals to assess issue severity and priority. Enters issues into internal tracking system and ensures issues are driven to closure.
• Fluency in both Korean and English is a strong plus.
• Excellent communications skills (written, verbal, and presentation) and influence skills.
• Ability to read, write, interpret, provide critical review and act on a very high level and full understanding of technical requirement documents, engineering test manuals, standards and specifications, materials, customer applications and related documents.
• Execute strong risk management practices on all projects for your carrier – start with lessons learned from previous mistakes and ensure no recurrence, determine the new risks that come with the new device and plan risk avoidance or remediation
• Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify risks, issues and contingency plans
• Plan, organize, and prioritize multiple assignments and projects.
• Ability to navigate across complex organizational and cultural boundaries
• Work independently and in team environments in order to achieve personal and team goals and complete assignments within established time frames.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment while prioritizing and managing multiple responsibilities
• Possess an understanding of the mobile device product development process.
• Knowledge of wireless network architecture, platform security, enterprise mobile solutions, cloud computing, DRM, FOTA, Network Protocols, VoLTE, IMS, SIP, SMS, MMS, IOT, WiFi, and Power management.
• Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field preferred with a business or program management focus. Masters degree a plus.
• 3-4 years’ experience in project/program management of consumer electronics or software development projects, with 6+ years overall experience in the telecommunications or software development fields.
Experience should include:
• Prior hands-on experience as a product/project manager in successfully delivering mobile device products specifically CDMA, GSM/UMTS, LTE or WiFi.
• Experience with flashing of binaries to mobile devices will be a plus
• Experience in developing and managing integrated program schedules for consumer electronics to include HW and SW development, regulatory testing, and carrier/customer testing.
• Wireless software development or QA/Testing engineering
• Experience in delivering integrated and tested software for CDMA/LTE mobile handsets
• Experience in wireless carrier based testing for US Operator requirements and mobile devices.
• Experience working with VoLTE handset features and applications including SMS, EMS, Multimedia, data, or MIP
• Experience performing embedded and UI software tests on mobile handsets
• Experience researching and resolving customer technical complaints and issues.
• Familiarity of the Android operating system and major apps. Android or other OS handset development experience a plus.
• Programming experience/training a plus.
• Proficiency with MS Office including Excel, PowerPoint, and MS Project
• PC and UNIX workstation experience in LAN/WAN systems environment
Physical/Mental Demands and Working Conditions:
• The position requires the ability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities in the following environment:
• Operate a computer keyboard and view a video display terminal more than 90% of work time.
• Visual acuity, color distinction, and numeric and character detail distinction for the analysis and preparation of statistical reports and information.
• Lift, move, or adjust general office equipment, boxes, or materials weighing up to 25 pounds using proper materials handling equipment and procedures.
• Occasionally work additional hours beyond normal schedule.
• Consistently demonstrates a commitment to policies and procedures, including but not limited to, attendance, confidentiality, conflict of interest, and ethical responsibilities
BTI Recruiting Team
801 E Campbell Rd. Suite 230, Richardson, Texas 75081, USA