Top Must Haves:
1. Be able to set proper standards
2. Be leadership minded
Nice to Have:
1. Background in consumer electronics or B2B devices.
2. Background in hardware devices
3. Background in warranties
The Mobile B2B Technical Writer – Business Services will be responsible for the development and review of documentation and sales enablement collateral for mobile business services such as device protection offerings, technical support, and professional services. The writer will support product launches, product updates, and end of life activities. Responsibility will also include coordination with the marketing, sales enablement, and product management teams to ensure content is aligned across all stakeholders.
Specifically, the Mobile B2B Technical Writer – Business Services will focus on the following tasks:
● Develop comprehensive documentation that meets the B2B team’s needs
● Obtain a deep understanding of B2B products and services to translate complex product information into polished and engaging content that is easy to understand
● Develop, maintain, and curate repositories of product management team’s reference materials on our approved systems (e.g., Box.com, SharePoint, and sales training portals)
● Evaluate current content and develop innovative approaches for improvement
Additional Responsibilities and Essential Duties:
The Mobile B2B Technical Writer – Business Services will research, write, and edit new and existing materials, working closely with product management and marketing to understand business needs. They will independently gather information from subject matter experts to ultimately produce end user guides, presentation materials, and training content. The Technical Writer will work with the product operations team to determine the best solution for data compilation and centralized storage.
Required Skills and Experience
● Bachelor's degree in relevant technical field is required.
● 2-4 years of directly related experience is required
● Prior experience writing documentation for multiple audience required
● Superior written and verbal communication skills, with a keen eye for detail
● Must be able to read, write, analyze, interpret, present, and explain technical product materials
● Must have experience with Microsoft Office Suite and extensive use of Microsoft presentation software
● Background in software or services products, such as device protection / extended warranties, technical support, and professional services, nice to have
● Prior experience in a telecommunications environment, with specific focus on mobile (smartphones and tablets), nice to have
Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with all appropriate levels within and outside the company. Plan, organize, and prioritize multiple assignments and projects. Read and interpret technical documents, media materials, and contracts (or related documents) based on corporate legal and marketing standards and philosophy. Demonstrate competency in both oral and written communication modes for internal and external personnel at all levels, especially in the sales, services, solutions, logistical, or financial areas of clients, prospects, and company. Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize appropriately. Work independently and in team environments in order to achieve goals and complete assignments within established time frames.
Physical/Mental Demands and Conditions
Work is generally performed in an office environment. All candidates must be able to operate a computer keyboard and view a video display terminal between 50% - 95% of work time, including prolonged periods of time. Requires considerable (90%+) work utilizing high visual acuity/detail, numeric/character distinction, and moderate hand/finger dexterity. The movement and transportation of equipment, most of the time is under 25 pounds. Performs work under time schedules and stress which are normally periodic or cyclical, including time sensitive deadlines, intellectual challenge, some language barriers, and project management deadlines. Machines, tools, equipment, and work aids include Mobile Devices, PCs, printers, copiers, faxes, and other equipment commonly associated with an office work area. May require working additional hours beyond normal schedule. Will be required to travel between key US offices as well as attend customer/industry events and required meetings with HQ or other subsidiaries as assigned. Will need to consistently demonstrate a commitment to policies and procedures, including but not limited to, attendance, confidentiality, conflict of interest, and ethical responsibilities.
BTI Recruiting Team
801 E Campbell Rd. Suite 230, Richardson, Texas 75081, USA