Top Three Skills:
1. 5G protocol knowledge
2. LTE protocol knowledge
3. Qualcomm tools knowledge
Location: 200 Connell Drive, Berkeley Heights, NJ. This position requires onsite travel to Denver Colorado for about 2 months in next 6 months, to execute some 5G IOT Test plans.
Bachelors or higher
The main function of Device protocol test engineer is execute 5G SA and NSA - IOT Test Plans and perform 1st level analysis of issues.
- Execution of 5G SA & NSA IOT Test Plans.
- Responsible for understanding NA carrier Test Plans & Requirements
- Responsible for collecting device/TE logs, perform 1st level analysis of issues found during testing.
- Raise bugs (PLMs) and validate fixes.
- Send test Results and test status reports.
- Good knowledge in 5G/4G air interface protocols is required (5G VoNR call processing, Attach/Detach, Cell selection/reselection and handovers)
- Knowledge on QCOM log analysis tools: QXDM and QCAT is required.
- Knowledge of LTE/5G - 3GPP specifications and North American carrier requirements is a plus.
- knowledge in Advanced LTE features including but not limited to 4*4 MIMO, CBRS, LAA, Carrier Aggregation & MIMO is preferred.
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Basic ability to work independently and manage ones time.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field required.
- 4+ years’ experience working on Qualcomm/LSI/MediaTek chipset based mobile devices.