Specific Responsibilities include:
• Conduct research, both Primary and leverage Secondary to provide actionable insights. Independently manage most research, with support and guidance from manager on more complex studies:
- Primary: conduct research to understand and predict consumer behavior, e.g.,
- Qualitative: focus groups, in-home ethnographies, 1-1 interviews, etc.
- Quantitative: concept tests, usage & attitude studies, post purchase, etc.
- Secondary: Gather and analyze secondary data sources to address business issues
• Manage full scope of Research Projects including:
- Deeply understand business issues and specific questions to address them. Develop comprehensive research brief, that includes detailed learning areas and action standards, with stakeholder buy-in
- Determine and recommend best research methodology to address business questions
- Identify best vendor through appropriate RFP process (multi-vendor proposal review)
- Partner with vendor(s), and manage internal finance process approvals
- Manage research vendor from research design (including sample, questionnaire, discussion guide), field work, analysis, reporting and presentation delivery; ensuring data accuracy throughout study
- Analyze and interpret data and provide learnings that will bring value to the business
- Interpret findings to insights that the team can take action on
- Deliver strong learning, in story-like presentation format that addresses all research objectives and includes actionable recommendations
- Speed to deliver the results within needed timelines.
• Manage category budget and finance process for HA Research
• Support manager in developing Consumer Insights learning plan for the Category based on business needs and learning priorities established with key business stakeholders
Business Acumen and Impact
o Understand and support quarterly and annual revenue, profit and market share goals achievement
o Strong Business Acumen to appropriately probe and fully understand business issues to tackle and provide meaningful, impactful recommendations
o Ability to confidently engage different levels and multi-functional stakeholders (up to VP level)
o Comprehensive, up to date research and analytical techniques and methodologies (notably Primary research, quantitative and qualitative). Syndicated research (e.g., Nielsen, NPD) experience a plus
o Superior Consumer focused Insights and research experience; Shopper Insights experience a plus
o Ability to effectively manage projects under very little supervision to achieve team goals and complete work assignments within established time frames
Vendor / Team Management
o Evaluate via RFP best vendor for each project. Manage vendor to ensure clear goals, research capabilities and learning delivery within timeline and budget for high ROI.
Communication & Technical skills
o Excellent interpersonal communication, engagement and influencing skills
o Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively convey learning and actions to take
o Strong proficiency in development of PowerPoint charts and full decks. Strong Excel skills to review, calculate and analyze data. Proficiency in Tableau visualization and SPSS a plus
Personal Attitude, Collaborations
o High confidence, proactivity and positive “go-getter” attitude
o Strong bias for action, sense of urgency and results orientation
o Ability to work calmly and productively in high time pressure situations
o Ability to cultivate strong collaborative working relationships and contacts within C&CI work group, across other company functions and with external organizations
o Bachelor’s degree in business administration, marketing, product management, sales, or related field.
o 7 years experience analyzing consumer data and providing insights that drive business, including research methods and statistics.
o Client / Agency research experience very strongly preferred; otherwise must have consumer packaged goods (CPG) research experience.
BTI Recruiting Team
801 E Campbell Rd. Suite 230, Richardson, Texas 75081, USA