Top 3 must-have skills/requirements –
• Ability to execute and lead independently
• Experience in digital merchandizing of products
• Good exec communication / reporting skills
Position Summary, Roles & Responsibilities
As a Product manager, Mechanizing Operations on the front-end product team you will have many responsibilities as a product owner, running the merchandizing operations for key sales periods and finding ways to optimize and enhance the operations.
You will be responsible to strategically merchandise product recommendations and offers across all our digital platforms (Desktop Web, Mobile Web, Shop App, other mobile apps) in various merchandising placements including but not limited to: home page, product family pages, product category pages, buy flows, product detail pages etc.
You will also identify opportunities to automate merchandizing activities and drive the implementation of automation with cross functional teams.
You will own the merchandising requirements roadmap for future technical enhancements or needs (site, app, merchandising tools, etc) in partnership with engineering.
You will gather and present data analysis/insights from various data sources including but not limited to: traffic and sales data, site engagement metrics, conversion, customer chat and survey data, to inform discussions and the development of business optimizations and merchandising briefs.
Skills and Qualifications:
• 5+ years digital merchandising or equivalent experience
• Proven analytical and numerical aptitude; versed in site analytics and proficient in analyzing data for decision making
• Experience using merchandising tools and experience with personalized merchandising
• Deep knowledge of the global retail industry and digital commerce trends \
• Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Business, Marketing, Engineering (Computer Science), or a related field
• Hands-on product management and/or product marketing experience is preferred.
• Master’s degree in preferred but not required.
• Prior experience in the eCommerce space is preferred.
• A high bar across the board - from your own contributions to the people you work with to the products you work on
• A “leader” personality - biased toward action, great collaborator and resolves ambiguities - constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery
• Grittiness. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on, you persevere when others fall away
• Data at fingertips: you just go get the data you need with no muss/fuss and can whip it into an insightful story with no help. You know how to leverage data to make decisions without getting stuck in analysis paralysis
• A never-ending desire to grow and learn
• Considerable program planning and execution abilities, excellent communication skills both verbal and written. Can use all possible communication channels in order keep things going.