Top 3 Must Haves:
1. Project Management skills
2. CAPE (TOPS would also be sufficient)
3. Strong Excel skills
The Packaging Engineer provides technical expertise of structural design requirements to internal and external stakeholders. Manages the localization of projects by communicating across a cross functional team including Launch Ops, Sourcing, Quality, Process Engineering, suppliers, and customers
Coordinates deliverables to internal and/or external stakeholders and maintain stakeholder satisfaction by identifying performance gaps as well as new or emerging needs. Understands relevant business issues, the organization’s operating procedures and connects these to work priorities.
Common Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Project management of launching devices from kick off to production packaging
• Management of testing process with testing vendor
• Reporting of launch readiness for as part of master planning process
• Maintain management systems for tooling, documentation and devices
• Create palletizations using CAPE software
• Collaborate closely with Sourcing Specialists, Launch Ops, Process Engineering, Quality, suppliers and the Packing Line.
• Creating cost savings plans and managing implementation of them
Necessary Skills / Attributes:
• A Bachelor’s degree in packaging engineering, or a related field from an accredited college or university, or related experience.
• Have 0-3 years job related experience.
• Have experience in packaging engineering and project management with proven results, .
Necessary Skills/Attributes (The following skills and abilities must be demonstrated at a proficient level):
• The ability to develop and maintain excellent working relationships with multiple levels within and outside the company.
• Must be able to influence others in acceptance, approval, and providing product description.
• The ability to plan, organize, and prioritize multiple assignments and projects.
• Project management skills including the ability to prepare written plans and schedules, identify objectives , coordinate and direct project teams, manage creative developers, select and control printing and production resources, and manage budgets.
• The ability to work in a team environment to identify and achieve team project goals and results, including the completion of assignments within established time frames.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, ArtiosCAD, and CAPE software
• Bilingual in English and Korean preferred