The main function of a software QA engineer is to research and test the design, requirements, functionality and maintenance of software and develop quality standards.
• Analyze wireless carrier requirement documents/3GPP specifications and develop test cases
• Conducts 5G/LTE/CDMA protocol testing and debugs issues through log analysis and various tests
• In-depth knowledge of testing, creates, extends, and executes automated/manual test plans to verify Wireless Mobile operation on various wireless carrier networks and technologies.
• Use of logging tools and analyze and debug IMS registration-deregistration, VoLTE/VoWiFi/Call failures/Emergency call/SMS and other similar UE procedure.
• Prepare test reports on readiness of software after analysis of test results (Pass/Failures).
• Report defects found during testing on the test management system and track defect status periodically.
• Assist seniors in preparation of progress reports, performing work audit and device inventory tracking.
• Individual contributor role will contribute to the product development team.
• Strong experience in protocol testing of mobile devices based on 5G/LTE/GSM technologies and 3GPP/3GPP2 Standards.
• Knowledge of latest wireless technologies IMS/VoLTE, TCP/IP, MIMO, CA, ePDG, E911.
• Experience with tools like QXDM/QCAT/QPST, Wireshark/Ethereal/ADB.
• Experience in Android and smartphone platforms, including telephony and RIL, Qualcomm/Samsung AP/MDM Chipset Architecture
• Experience in project tracking systems like JIRA, Test Central etc
• Team player, detail oriented and ability to work effectively with other team members.
• Work under minimum supervision and tight business deadlines.
• Availability to work overtime during weekdays, weekends and ready to travel whenever required (about 20%)
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, EE or related field required.
• 5-7 years directly related experience required in android testing and field/protocol testing.