Mobile Software QA Engineer 4
3245 146th Place SE, Bellevue, WA
The main function of a software QA engineer is to research and test the design, requirements, functionality and maintenance of software, systems and processes and develop quality standards.
• Responsible for the verification and validation of latest test devices and software applications.
• Includes executing field/protocol test in a mobile or stationary environments based on 5G/LTE/GSM technologies
• Creates, extends, and executes automated test plans to verify Wireless Mobile operation.
• Use of logging tools and analyzing issue from logs, call failure and call drop analysis.
• Prepare test reports on readiness of software after analysis of test results (Pass/Failures).
• Report defects found during testing on the test management system and track defect status periodically.
• Analyze carrier requirement documents/3GPP specifications, develop test cases and create drive routes.
• Assist seniors in preparation of progress reports, performing work audit and device inventory tracking.
• Individual contributor role will contribute to the product development team.
• Strong experience in field testing of mobile devices based on 5G/LTE/GSM technologies and 3GPP/3GPP2 Standards.
• Knowledge of latest wireless technologies IMS/VoLTE, TCP/IP, MIMO, CA, ePDG, E911.
• Experience with tools like QXDM/QCAT/QPST, Wireshark/Ethereal/ADB.
• Experience in Android and smartphone platforms, including telephony and RIL, Qualcomm/Samsung AP/MDM Chipset Architecture
• Experience in project tracking systems like JIRA, Test Central etc
• Team player, detail oriented and ability to work effectively with other team members.
• Work under minimum supervision and tight business deadlines.
• Availability to work overtime during weekdays, weekends and ready to travel whenever required (about 20%)
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, EE or related field required.
• 7-10 years directly related experience required in android testing and field/protocol testing.