Sr Manager Vendor Management (Regional VM OM)
Ridgefield Park, NJ
I. Wireless and/or Telecommunications experience deployment / construction / integration & optimization.
II. Contract management, project financial process control. Understanding of SOW’s/RFP’s and project deliverables / milestones.
III. Advanced Microsoft Excel Knowledge IE..Pivots/Formulas/V Lookup/Index, and Highly proficient in MS Office products including Word, and PowerPoint.
IV. Demonstrated competency in both oral and written communication required with ability to develop, Plan, organize, and prioritize multiple complex assignments and projects.
V. Analyzes performance of process activities and data, identify problem areas, and present findings in clear, concise charts, graphs, tables, or summaries
- Bachelor's Degree or at least 5 -10 years of directly related experience is required.
Years of experience Required:
- At least 5 -10 years of directly related experience is required
- Prior experience in contract management, project financial process control and contract auditing required.
- Wireless and/or Telecommunications deployment experience required, including construction, commissioning and integration, optimization and operations.
- Project and construction management experience is a plus.
- Prior management experience required.
- Must possess initiative, think strategically and work in a team environment to implement action plans and achieve goals.
- Demonstrated understanding of legal, financial and operational processes that meet company objective.
- Local candidates required but if they are exceptional then might consider 100% remote but that is not preferred
Responsible for the management and strategic direction of client's Vendor Management function. This role will manage vendors, contract negotiations, vendor performance evaluations, project contract compliance and vendor compliance audits. This role will provide support for multiple departments across client in support of the overall business strategy. This role will manage a small team with focus on supporting policies and process and ensuring implementation and control,
Common Essentials/Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for the success and effectiveness of the Vendor Management department.
• Manage vendors while providing contract guidance to deployment, Legal, and Purchasing departments.
• Execute any or all parts of vendor selection and evaluation, pricing and contract negotiations, and vendor contract compliance.
• Engage when required client’s field deployment programs. Fluency in relevant vendor agreements ability to execute negotiation strategies when necessary.
• Evaluate and validate vendor performance and establish and lead periodic review procedure on a quarterly or annual basis.
• Manage vendor invoices and purchase order requests in client’s systems.
• Report and explain vendor status associated to deployment projects.
• Manage contract-driven processes and implement into the individual projects.
• Resolve contract disputes between client and vendors.
• Manage time sensitive deadlines
• Provide vendor training and assistance in client systems.
• Has responsibility for the operational performance of a small regional team.
• Supports the resolution of operational problems.
• Bachelor's Degree at least 5 -10 years of directly related experience is required.
• Prior experience in contract management, project financial process control and contract auditing required.
• Wireless and/or Telecommunications deployment experience required, including construction, commissioning and integration, optimization and operations.
• Project and construction management experience is a plus.
• Prior management experience required.
• Must possess initiative, think strategically and work in a team environment to implement action plans and achieve goals.
• Demonstrated understanding of legal, financial and operational processes that meet company objective. High level of proficient in MS Office products including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
Necessary Skills and Attributes:
• Demonstrated competency in both oral and written communication required with ability to develop successful team partnership with internal and external clients, sales representatives, senior management, and suppliers.
• Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with all assigned levels within and outside the company.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills to successfully negotiate with vendors and customers and communicate the company’s requirements.
• Understanding of contractual terms and obligations to ensure compliance with contractual obligations.
• Plan, organize, and prioritize multiple complex assignments and projects. Working knowledge and expertise with Excel, Word, and Power Point, and ability to quickly document findings in a presentation form.
• Work independently and in a team environment in order to achieve personal and team goals and complete assignments within established time frames.
• Demonstrated excellence in time management skills and follow up to ensure meeting on time deliverables.
• Ability to negotiate on behalf of function to come to agreement by managing communications through discussions and compromise; issues are short-term operational and medium-term tactical or limited strategic nature.
• Work is generally performed in a work or home office environment.
• Operate a computer keyboard and view a video display terminal between 75% - 95% of work time, including prolonged periods of time.
• Requires considerable (90%+) work utilizing high visual acuity/detail, numeric/character distinction, and moderate hand/finger dexterity.
• The movement and transportation of equipment, most of the time is under 25 pounds.
• Performs work under time schedules and stress which are normally periodic or cyclical, including time sensitive deadlines, intellectual challenge, some language barriers, and project management deadlines.
• Machines, tools, equipment, and work aids include PC’s, printers, copiers, faxes, and other equipment commonly associated with an office work area.
• May require working additional hours beyond normal schedule.
• Travel varies depending on position.
• May include a budgetary responsibility and expense authority.
• Consistently demonstrates a commitment to policies and procedures, including but not limited to, attendance, confidentiality, conflict of interest, and ethical responsibilities.