• Must have: 4G/5G RAN Virtualization experience/expertise
• Good to have: EMS/NMS/OSS experience/expertise
Must have/ years:
*OAMP/FCAPS subsystem design, development, and support in wireless networks. (min, of 4-5 years of experience)
*NMS/EMS --> Network/ Element Management System. (min, of 4-5 years of experience)
*Virtualization specifically NFV- Network Function Virtualization. (min. of 1 year experience)
Education -Bachelor’s degree in EE/CS/TE is required. Master’s degree is preferred
Additional notes: looking for candidates who can start within 2 weeks of offer. Non-local candidates - okay with as long as they relocate once offices reopen, but highly prefer candidates who are local.
Essential Duties and responsibilities include:
• OAMP/FCAPS subsystem integration and troubleshooting in wireless networks.
• Tier3 SME experience – Work under pressure to drive support teams to troubleshoot commercial NMS/EMS application issues, propose workarounds, and work with R&D to provide the RCA (Root Cause Analysis) to the customer.
• Assist SMEs (Subject Matter Experts) with development of product requirements, feature requirements, systems and performance analysis, Work with the team to conduct deep-dive customer sessions, new technology introduction of 4G/5G RAN Network Management features and introduction of virtualized networks
• Assist SMEs with analysis of the customer requirements, converting them into system requirements and capturing of detail design for the development team.
• Assist SMEs Technical Management of new products and SW releases to ensure that promised features are delivered with expected performance
• Provides technical support in the pre-sales process and creates compelling technical and commercial solutions in order to help achieve the assigned sales goals and business objectives.
• Translates and communicates complex technical design considerations between the sales team and carriers’ network business.
• Works closely with various support organizations and cross- functional teams R&D to achieve successful new product roll-outs and developments.
• Ensures that customer commitments are achieved according to plan.
• Ability to travel sporadically during the project.
• Key contributor in driving the technical solutions to customer through complex organizational dynamics
• Leveraging your ability to communicate effectively with all levels of organization as well as HQ partners on initiatives
Excellence Dealing with Ambiguity
• Bringing your experience in problem solving and ability to navigate complex organizations with pivotal shifts
Background & Competencies Required:
• Minimum 5 years of OAMP/FCAPS/OSS knowledge/experience for EMS/NMS and RAN network elements.
• Minimum 1 year of EMS/NMS and RAN (vCU/vDU) Network Function Virtualization (NFV) experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in EE/CS/TE is required. Master’s degree is preferred.
• Must have experience with OAMP/FCAPS subsystem design and development in wireless networks.
• Must have experience authoring and implementing EMS/NMS/NE SW upgrade MOPs in commercial networks.
• Must have Tier3 SME experience – Work under pressure to drive support teams to troubleshoot commercial NMS/EMS application issues, propose workarounds, work with R&D to provide the RCA (Root Cause Analysis) to the customer.
• Understanding of Automation & Orchestration frameworks is preferred (knowledge in the ETSI MANO specifications, OASIS TOSCA, ONAP).
• Must have understanding of EMS applications, TR-069, Netconf protocol, YANG models & Restful APIs.
• Fundamental understanding of Openstack/Kubernetes is preferred.
• Understanding of virtual switches, network connections, Virtual port types (ie: SR-IOV, VirtIO), Security Groups, VLANs and in configuring Storage such as SAN / NAS / iSCSI is preferred.
• Experience in performance measurement & tuning of VMware/Openstack servers and Virtual sessions and management of servers resources between virtual machines is preferred.
• Understanding of 3GPP systems: Core and RAN networks, architecture and protocols is preferred.
• Understanding of Hardware and Software architecture is a must.
• Must have hands-on experience with High Availability and redundancy systems.
• Experience on system engineering projects to include technical requirements identification, technical solutions to address customer requirements with details to design /deploy / manage their infrastructure is preferred.
• Must have troubleshooting experience using command-line tools and scripts
• Must have experience with SNMP and TNM protocols and NMS/OSS interfaces.
• Must have experience with Unix/Linux, scripting tools like PERL, TCL, shell.
BTI Recruiting Team
801 E Campbell Rd. Suite 230, Richardson, Texas 75081, USA