Lab Operation Purchasing Administrator
3655 N 1st San Jose CA 95134
The Lab Operations/Purchasing administrator is responsible for Lab’s administrative support in operations and equipment purchasing/asset tracking using tools such as Jira, Rftrack and other similar tools. This individual should be familiar with purchasing procedures and poses documentation skills.
Technical Responsibilities (Include but Not Limited to):
- Manage labs’ purchase & shipping requests including invoices.
- Identify and contact vendors for specifics items per projects need
- Maintain purchasing information, files/records, and new vendor registration
- Request quotations for comparison and price negotiation with vendors
- Prepare require docs & submit order requests & work closely with Finance Purchasing team to provide necessary info to complete internal PO process
- Actively follow up for status of PO, follow up with vendors on ETA and delivery schedule
- Receive new orders and enter in JIRA system for tracking purpose, maintain life cycle of JIRA system
- Maintain Confluence space for group; documentation of HR/Legal/Project related information
- Provide Administrative support to the lead & management of lab; Perform HR task (On-board & Off-board, Handle and resolves employee relations issues)
- Organize & support team events
- Collaborate with Finance/Accounting for invoicing and payment processing
- Drive physical audits and perform regular inventory and support asset management team
- Prepare and coordinate and receive incoming shipments. Compare packing lists with purchase details to ensure accurate make, model, and quantities are received.
- Perform ad hoc requests as directed by on-site management.
- Collaborate and maintain business relationships in order to meet and exceed client expectations with respect to Business as Usual and project activities.
- Train, mentor, and suggest improvements / modifications.
- Ability to learn new technologies with an interest in expanding and applying this knowledge as new emerge.
- Able to lift 50 lbs.
- Able to move servers to and from main DC to the colocation and labs
- Proficient knowledge of confluence, Microsoft Windows, Linux OS types.
- Hands on, self-starter who is comfortable with multiple tasks in a team environment
- Five+ years of purchasing and inventory management experience
- Administrative experience & Solid spreadsheet skills
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written correspondence) in a professional and courteous manner with technical and non-technical personnel.
- Strong technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to complete tasks and deliverables within expected timelines
- Excellent organizational skills, strong attention to details, and willingness to learn and be methodical about following procedures.
- Able to work independently as a part of a larger team in a global organization.
- Able to multitask in high pressure situations and take ownership of project / tasks from planning, deployment, and post-deployment support.
- After hours and weekend support and/or alternative work schedules are required at various points in the year
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 2 year technical degree or equivalent work experience highly preferred