: Full Time/ Contractor
As a Backend Server Engineer (job title), you will be responsible for designing, building, deploying, and maintaining components of a high-volume, distributed real-time bidding platform. This involves measuring and tuning high-performance, low-latency (soft-real-time) systems while working towards improved robustness and correctness. As a consequence, there will be opportunities to contribute to open source, conduct research and development, review code, and share knowledge.
• Have a solid foundation in computer science and some knowledge of systems programming
• 5+ years of programming experience
• Learn various programming languages and paradigms
• Deepen your understanding of systems programming and computer science
• Maintain and improve existing services which include actively trying to pay back technical debt and extending their functionality
• Participate in the design, implementation and testing of new services
• Participate in code reviews and spread your expertise to the team
• Investigate and fix performance issues throughout our systems which include our services, dependencies and kernel usage
• Contribute to open source software to improve our external dependencies
• Tech stack includes a mixture of Erlang, C11, Rust, Go, Linux, Docker and Kubernetes.
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Strong ability to work independently and manage one's time.
- Strong knowledge of niche computer language, such as Erlang, C, Rust, Go lang, etc.