Job Type: Full Time/ Contractor
Role and Responsibilities:
• A successful B2B Sales Engineer (SSE) will function as a sales focused technology expert within the regulated team. The ideal candidate will be an excellent leader and communicate confidently and authoritatively on technical matters which are compelling and persuasive demonstrating unique qualifications to meet customer requirements.
• The SSE will have a significant (>80%) external engagement focus as the peer technical leader to CIOs, CTOs, CISOs, agency experts, engineering experts. Individual is tasked to garner immediate credibility when engaging with highly experienced executive, technical and decision maker level customers and partners; and, is expected to work proactively across all of as necessary to identify, leverage resources and technologies.
• This role will require extensive knowledge and expertise of cloud and on premise managed mobility, Android for Enterprise, mobile security and the enterprise mobility space across all areas of technology. This will include, but not be limited to mobile devices, operating systems and solutions. A deep understanding of defense and civilian agencies is preferred. A software development background is preferred as is experience with hardware-software based security, encryption, authentication, VPN and VMI/VDI. Candidates will possess the ability to independently research, design, architect, document (white papers, briefings) and communicate solutions. An ideal candidate will have knowledge of Knox Software at the advanced level. If the knowledge isn’t there currently, it is expected that the candidate will ramp up to an advanced level is knowledge rapidly before and after onboarding.
• This role is focused on enterprise mobility pre-sales service/support. The role is NOT focused on post-sales engineering; however, may be called on to project manage critical projects that may arise during the mobile solution lifecycle.
• The role is a technical closer with customers, a deal shaper and a technical leader with vision who drives from concept to delivery. Specifically, the SSE will be the technical owner for achieving and retaining “Authority-to-Operate” for mobile solutions. They SSE will own the technical relationship with customers to ensure long term adoption and retention on customers’ enterprise portals.
• Subject Matter Expert for HW & SW B2B product and solution portfolio
• Lead product line technical sales projects support and gathering of product category competitive technical intelligence.
• Expertly communicates technical concepts to customers and partners.
• Prepare trade-off analyses.
• Direct technical solution development
• Leads proof-of-concept design and implementation
• Deliver “hands-on” demonstration setup of all software and hardware related to Mobile B2B products
• Manage technical escalations to R&D and Engineering teams.
• Perform deep level troubleshooting of customer technical challenges at the fundamental software and hardware levels
• Provide feedback from the customer to guide feature development and work to fill gaps within products, solutions, and services.
• Support enterprise C-Level decision makers with roadmap and training.
• Assist, as needed, in the development and management of product launch programs to ensure effective launch of new B2B products.
• Establish and grow extensive relationships with government enterprise customers to drive preference for mobile products and solutions.
Additional day to day responsibilities will include the following:
• Preparation and delivery of technical demonstrations and sales presentations to key enterprise customers.
• Develop customer relationships to drive additional business and maintain customer satisfaction
• Address all technical pre-sales challenges faced by the Enterprise Sales teams.
• Drive adoption and deployment of products and services.
• Provide ongoing competitive analysis, market positioning, and assist in defining product strategy through the collection of feedback from the sales teams and customers.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in an engineering or in the military (technical discipline) or computer-related field.
• Solution architect background preferred. Software development acumen is desired but not required.
• 1 to 3 years’ experience in Sales Engineering, Solution Architecture, or equivalent mobile consulting role in mobility.
• 1 to 3 years’ experience supporting Android or another endpoint OS.
• Excellent communication skills, exceptional presentation skills and the ability to handle large audiences are a must.
• Detailed technical knowledge of the wireless industry including mobile hardware, applications and services.
• The SSE should have a deep understanding of the integration of mobile solutions into corporate network environments and email platforms.
• Knowledge of cellular network technologies and services
• Deep understanding of IT (Mobile) Security and architecture
• Knowledge of major EMM providers such as VMware, Mobile Iron, Microsoft Intune, BlackBerry, IBM Maas360, Citrix, etc. is preferred.
• Background in mobile application development a plus.
• Candidate must be able to appropriately handle internal and external high profile escalations.
• Ability to function efficiently and effectively in a high paced, high pressure environment.
• A willingness to take charge and address both obviously and obscure tasks as they arise with minimal direction.
Necessary Skills & Attributes:
• Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with all assigned levels within and outside the company.
• Plan, organize, and prioritize multiple assignments and projects.
• Review detailed product development, marketing documents and media materials as needed.
• Demonstrated competency in both oral and written communication modes for both internal and external personnel at various levels.
• Work independently and in a team environment in order to achieve customer business objectives, personal and team goals and complete assignments within established time frames and specifications.
• The ability to develop tasks and work assignments, based on sometime vaguely defined objectives.
Physical/Mental Demands and Working Conditions:
• The position requires the ability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities in the following environment:
• Work is generally performed in an office environment.
• Operate a computer keyboard and view a video display terminal 50% of work time, including prolonged periods of time.
• The movement and transportation of equipment, most of the time under 25 pounds.
• Performs work under time schedules and stresses which are normally periodic or cyclical, including time sensitive job stress, fatigue, unpaid over-time, intellectual challenge, constant technical data feedback, language barriers, and business management stress.
• Machines, tools, equipment, and work aids representative and commonly associated with PCs, printers, and office work areas.
• Frequently works additional hours beyond normal schedule.
• Under very little direct supervision with a high level of responsibility to apply general policies and guidelines where decisions are seldom monitored and consequences of decisions adversely affect operating results and management decisions. Complete access to confidential company data where disclosure may jeopardize the company’s competitive position.
BTI Recruiting Team
801 E Campbell Rd. Suite 230, Richardson, Texas 75081, USA