Job Title: Transportation Market Analyst
Hours: 8:30 – 17:30
Location: Plano, TX (on-site position)
- National trucking network experience
- OTR (trucking) experience.
- Price negotiation with carriers
The Transportation Market Analyst is responsible for analyzing the current market condition and economy situation and for continuously evaluating the efficiency of surface transportation sector’s internal cost route by route.
Duties and Responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Conducting internal and external transportation data analytics and cost research to support carrier negotiation.
- Authoring and reporting weekly market analysis report to the management regarding buying/selling prices of major routes by transportation modes.
- Collecting key information from the partner companies for management’s heads-up
- Maintain and update monthly global transportation reports in relation to operations and finances.
- Providing recommendations based on data analysis and research
- Bachelor’s Degree +
- 10+ years of logistics experience
- 7+ years of experience as a Transportation Analyst or a similar role
- Proficiency in Microsoft Access and Excel.
- Analytical, and excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Comfortable with saying with table/charts and numbers
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills.
- May be required to work additional hours outside of regularly scheduled business hours or weekend or holidays to meet business needs