Reverse Transportation Coordinator
** This position based in Plano, Texas. Due to current COVID-19 restrictions, candidate will be required to work remotely from home or in the office, as necessary.
Years of Experience Required:
This high tempo role requires working knowledge of SAP and advanced Excel skills. Please review the job description for additional attributes of the successful candidate.
Under the guidance of a manager, this position is responsible for a transactional part of the logistics cycle for all products: specifically (but not limited to) product returns and claims. The position ensures the smooth transportation of our products through the transportation channel by managing individual shipments in transit, selecting standard shipping/warehousing methods, collecting, and processing delivery documentation, and personal contact with logistics colleagues, business partners, internal partners, and customers.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Track and resolve shipping, warehouse, and carrier errors in transportation, as well as assist with damaged product or lost freight claims by providing necessary documents.
- Using SAP ERP and TMS, prepare and monitor load plans that direct the timely, efficient pickup and return of customer product to the warehouses.
- Track and report return transportation activity from customer pickup to delivery at the warehouse, initiating corrective action with the shipper or carrier for any shipping or return authorization discrepancy.
- Analyze transportation and product return data to determine root cause, implementing corrective action and counter measures to reduce aging customer returns.
- Engage in communications with all parties to relay difficult messaging around delays or issues concerning returns shipments or related transportation problems and the actions taken to resolve.
- Prepare and maintain daily, weekly, and monthly reporting to calculate, track, and assess key transportation metrics such as on time pickup and delivery performance, by customer and carrier, to drive improvement.
- Works with carriers and third-party logistics providers to ensure efficient and timely transportation of return goods with engagement of shippers to improve pickup and delivery performance.
- Prepare and update Standard Operating Procedures for documenting department activities.
- All other duties as assigned.
Working Environment and Physical Demands:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Advanced Excel and Access skill required (V-lookups, Pivot Tables, Macros, etc.)
- SAP experience with ERP and TMS required.
- Able to read, interpret, prepare, and report product shipment information from various order and shipping documents to ensure accuracy and thorough preparation of transportation documents.
- Possesses knowledge of logistics operations related to reverse transportation and working knowledge of overall forward and reverse logistics operations.
- Thrives in a demanding work environment with the demonstrated ability to effectively multi-task, prioritize, and execute against multiple priorities and business demands.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- This position based in Plano, Texas. Due to current COVID-19 restrictions, candidate will be required to work remotely from home or in the office, as necessary.
- Due to the nature of the business, this role requires the incumbent to be available Monday through Friday during business hours.
- Must be able to work after-hours as needed.
- May be required to travel within the United States.
- Ability to work within a warehouse environment, as necessary.