: 4G/5G Call Processing RAN SME
Plano, TX (Local candidate)
- Must have RAN Protocol Knowledge at the PHY, MAC & RLC layer.
- Must have experience using DM tools such as XCAL, QXDM.
- Must be able to review and debug UE and eNB logs.
- Must have working experience on 4G LTE and 5G SA/NSA.
Master’s in EE
Years of Experience Required:
We are looking for a 4G/5G Call Processing RAN SME to join our Wireless network team. You will be a key contributor as a subject matter expert in a multi-functional team of R&D, Systems engineering, and product validation to introduce our products to Wireless Carrier.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for development of product requirements, feature requirements, systems and performance analysis, conduct deep-dive customer sessions on 4G/5G Call processing related features and air interface technologies.
- Analyzing the customer requirements, converting then into system requirements and capturing of detail design for the development team for all product features.
- Responsible for leading all technical discussions on our products/scheduler related features with several customer vertical organization including 4G/5G RAN Development groups and RAN performance groups.
- Author technical proposals, Technical research and white papers, design documents, Operator network design, RFI/RFP, and Patent filings.
- Aid in product & feature performance analysis, evaluation of new product & SW releases and third-party product evaluation to build product synergies.
- Provides expert technical support in the pre-sales process and creates compelling technical and commercial solutions to help achieve the assigned sales goals and business objectives.
- Translates and communicates complex technical design considerations between the sales team and carriers’ network business
- Educate our customers on our new products and services both individually and in a team environment.
- Ensures that customer commitments are achieved according to plan.
- Works closely with various support organizations, logistics, and cross-functional teams to achieve successful new product rollouts and developments.
- Accountable for leading field integration testing efforts (FFA/FIT/FSA) of all 4G/5G key features with customers, including test plan development, reviewing test plan with customers, driving cross-functional teams to execution, review of test results, issue identification, analysis and quality proofing until software acceptance is achieved.
- Responsible for Tier3 support, analyzing and troubleshooting scheduler related issues reported from customer labs, field sites and production network.
- Review and provide recommendations to improve LTE RAN network performance by evaluating and trending key KPIs, performing trials and providing optimization guidelines.
- Undergraduate Degree in engineering with 8-10 years of directly related experience is required. A Masters with 8+ years of experience is preferred
- Must have 4G/5G Call Processing experience with In depth knowledge of RRC, S1-MME, S1-U and X2 protocols and understanding of concepts such as Hybrid Beamforming, Massive MIMO, New Waveforms, LTE-NR interworking & co-existence, 5G Numerologies etc. .
- Experienced and fluent with 3GPP RAN product architecture, design, implementation, and performance improvements (KPIs). Good understanding of scheduler functionality is beneficial.
- Strong Programming skills in C desired, experience with memory optimizations, multi-Core programming, assembly language debugging preferred.
- Experience with system engineering activities such as feature requirements identification, feature description documentation, parameter optimization, performance analysis, test strategy creation, problem troubleshooting is desirable
- Thorough understanding of 3GPP specification for LTE/LTE-A/5G features and Protocols, experience with ongoing 3GPP Rel-15/16 activities is beneficial
- Working knowledge of various RF antenna technologies & network optimizations.
- Ability to travel sporadically during the project