4G/5G Senior System Test Engineer
We are looking for an LTE/5G Air interface and Call Processing Test engineer to join our Wireless network team. You will be a key contributor as a product validation engineer in a multi-functional team of R&D, Systems engineering, and product validation to introduce the products to Wireless Carrier.
This position requires Local candidates only
. We can be flexible up to 30 days for candidate to relocate after joining date.
Top Must Have skills/requirements:
- Candidate should have performed LTE and NR feature testing
- Candidate should know LTE and NR call flows such that document referencing is not needed.
- Candidate has actual testing experience (No RF Optimization, No Performance Optimization candidates)
- Candidate should be independent and have the attitude to figure out if any issues.
Master’s degree is preferred.
If Bachelors, candidate needs to be extremely thorough with above requirements.
Years of Experience Required:
Minimum 4 years of ‘relevant experience’ of lab testing and verification
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for development of test plan and test cases for product validation, feature validation, systems and performance analysis, customer review sessions for LTE RAN products focusing on Air interface, E2E performance, and Call Processing.
- Analyzing the product and feature requirements, converting them into system test cases and execution to ensure product meets customer spec.
- Aid in product & feature performance analysis, evaluation of new product & SW releases
- Perform detailed analysis of 4G Wireless Protocols
- Responsible for analyzing and troubleshooting the issues
- Educate our customers on the new products and services both individually and in a team environment.
- Ensures that customer commitments are achieved according to plan.
- Works closely with various support organizations, logistics, and cross- functional teams to achieve successful new product rollouts and developments.
- Technical Acumen
- Validation expert in driving the technical solutions to customer through complex organizational dynamics
- Presentations Skills
- Leveraging your ability to communicate effectively with all levels of organization as well as HQ partners on initiatives
- Excellence Dealing with Ambiguity
- Bringing your experience in problem solving and ability to navigate complex organizations with pivotal shifts
Necessary Skills and attributes:
- Technical lead for a team of engineers.
- Detailed understanding on LTE concepts such as DL/UL scheduling, LTE power control, Beamforming fundamentals, MIMO.
- Detailed understanding of 5G NR concepts such as SA, NSA operations, DSS, Network Slicing
- Experience with ongoing 3GPP Rel activities is required
- Experience with system testing activities such as feature validation, test description documentation, parameter optimization, performance analysis, test strategy creation, problem troubleshooting
- Experience with RAN testing
- Experience with Network Virtualization
- Strong knowledge in 4G and 5G air interface and call processing technologies and network architecture specifically focused on Radio Access Network
- Detailed understanding of overall Wireless systems with emphasis on PHY, MAC, RLC, RRC and PDCP layers
- Understanding of IOT technologies including eMTC, NB-IOT.
- Experience in EMS systems, managing network elements, software upgrades, MOP verification
- Experience with SW development is beneficial
- Understanding of 3GPP systems: Core and RAN networks
- Understanding of HW as well as SW architecture
- Experience with test tools including protocol analyzers, XCAL/QXDM, Wireshark, Channel Emulator, Spectrum Analyzers, Signal Generators, etc.
- Undergraduate Degree in engineering with 10-12 years of directly related experience is required. A Masters with 8+ years’ experience is preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree is EE/CS is required
- Ability to travel sporadically during the project
- The ability to plan, organize and prioritize multiple projects, sales, and simultaneous performance objectives.
- Work independently in determining one’s personal work schedule to be productive.
- Work in a team environment, to achieve personal and team project milestones and to complete assignments within established time frames.
- Accept tasks and problems/situations that differ, requiring creativity to search for optimal solutions, when only broad and general guidelines exist for solving problems.
- Proven ability to interact at multiple levels within customers organizations.
- Negotiate with and convince others, in a potentially adversarial environment, including customer directors, managers and staff with opposing views to accept/approve plans, technical and project recommendations.
- Ability to achieve results within established time frames and requirements.
- Work is generally performed in an office environment.
- Operate a computer keyboard and view a video display terminal between more than 50% of work time, including prolonged periods of time.
- Requires considerable work utilizing high visual acuity / detail, numeric / character distinction and moderate hand / finger dexterity.
- The movement and transportation of equipment, most of the time is under 25 pounds.
- Performs work under time schedules and stress which are normally periodic or cyclical, including time sensitive deadlines, intellectual challenges, and project management deadlines.
- Machines, tools, equipment, and work aids include PC’s, printers, copiers, faxes, and other equipment commonly associated with an office work area.
- May require working additional hours beyond normal schedule.
- Travel varies depending on position. Consistently demonstrates a commitment to policies and procedures, including but not limited to, attendance, confidentiality, conflict of interest and ethical responsibilities.