-10+ years of professinal experience in RAN Engineering with 2 years’ experience in Data Science supporting the statistical analysis of the performance data
-Looking for relevant experience in troubleshooting performance issues and experienced in analyzing large data sets using statistical methods.
-Aid in product & feature performance analysis, evaluation of new product & SW releases and 3rd party product evaluation using analytics/data science to drive intelligent business decisions and to build product synergies across all product elements
-Strong technical knowledge of any wireless technology & procedures including CDMA/EVDO/LTE/Volte and/or 5G
-Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering; Advanced degree in Data Science or a related Data Engineering, or equivalent experience is beneficial
Education- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering; Advanced degree in Data Science or a related Data Engineering, or equivalent experience is beneficial
Location- will start remotely but must report onsite once office reopen. Highly preferred if candidate can start and relocate within 2 weeks of offer.
As a Performance Assurance Engineer, you will be responsible to be part of a team of 4G/5G RAN Performance Assurance technical staff, business intelligence analysts, and visualization architects. You will be responsible to provide support and expertise for proactive identification of issues, analysis and diagnostics across a diverse 4G/5G network infrastructure using expansive data and measurement capabilities.
Specific Responsibilities include:
Background & Competencies Required:
- 10+ years of professional experience in RAN Systems & RF Engineering
- Proactive monitoring in identifying Key KPI degradation for VoLTE, 4G/5G technologies and analyzing the root cause of degradation
- Analyzing changes in service impacting parameters and alarms and analyzing their impact on KPIs
- Working closely with Tier-3 team in troubleshooting and resolving internal performance tickets
- Focus on VoLTE KPIs to improve muting and drop calls with focus on optimizing handovers and minimize factors such as RRE which impacts muting
- Work closely with the internal and external stakeholders to define 4G/5G KPI measurement methodologies and targets (KPI, KQI) for 4G/5G RAN product acceptance.
- Work closely with stakeholders to help build products that help utilize large amount of structured & unstructured data in analyzing network performance
- Ability to use statistical languages such as R, programmable languages such as python and data visualization tools such as Tableau/Spotfire to analyze large datasets and present information to stakeholders
- Proactively define and interpret data/metrics/KPIs, analyze results, and provide insights to determine operational impact, trends and opportunities for all the 4G/5G RAN products
- Communicate key findings to stakeholders using visualizations and/or other suitable methods
- Aid in product & feature performance analysis, evaluation of new product & SW releases and 3rd party product evaluation using analytics/data science to drive intelligent business decisions and to build product synergies across all product elements
- Demonstrate ability to analyze and interpret a mix of qualitative and quantitative data using various data sources, construct compelling narratives, and provide actionable insights and recommendations on complex topics.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to communicate key technical concepts, ability to package complex ideas into logical, easy-to-follow progressions
- Adapt to changes in a dynamic business environment, support management initiatives, and guide other engineers
- Present ideas, technical and non-technical, in a logical, compelling manner in a written format and verbally in both small and large group settings
Physical/Mental Demands and Working Conditions:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering; Advanced degree in Data Science or a related Data Engineering, or equivalent experience is beneficial
- Strong technical knowledge of any wireless technology & procedures including CDMA/EVDO/LTE/Volte and 5G
- Must possess expert-level understanding of operational measurements/counters to monitor and define Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Experience with evaluating service performance trends and proactively defining RAN system performance related issues
- Experience with data visualization and ability to quickly grasp statistical methods, and methodologies. Maintain a strong command of current data analytics technology trends, including emerging paradigms and practices
- Successful record of accomplishment defining direction and providing specific instruction for engineering projects/programs leveraging personal knowledge and organizational skills to increase team efficiency, facilitate personal development and mentor colleagues.
- Working knowledge of statistical concepts (distributions, hypothesis testing, confidence intervals) and experience applying to real-world applications
- Demonstrated research and problem solving skills via prior work experience. Experience with wireless infrastructure provider and/or operator is desired
- Must have a strong work ethic, integrity and work extremely well in a team environment
The position requires the ability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities in the following environment:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Must be skilled in developing and maintaining good working relationships with all appropriate levels within and outside the company
- Operate a computer keyboard and view a video display terminal more than 75% of work time in an office work environment
- Frequently works additional hours beyond normal schedule
- Performs work under time schedules and stresses, which are normally periodic or cyclical and include time sensitive job stress, fatigue, unpaid over-time, intellectual challenge, constant technical data feedback, language barriers, and project management stress.
- Machines, tools, equipment, and work aids include PC’s, printers, etc. most often associated with office work area equipment
- Travel to customer locations, trade shows, etc. approximately 20% of time
- Under minimal supervision with a high level of responsibility to apply general policies and guidelines where decisions are seldom monitored, consequences of decisions may adversely affect operating results and management decisions. Position has complete access to confidential company data where disclosure may jeopardize the company’s competitive position