Job Title: Procurement Manager
Job Type: Full-time, Contract
Location: Ridgefield Park, NJ / Plano, TX
* We’re looking to bring on for long-term (will be extended if competent). Ideally Contract to Hire. Looking for someone that is dedicated and will grow with the team. Position will work remotely until offices re-open.
• Looking for someone with a financial and/or project management background. This is because they need someone with high attention to detail and ability to convert data into digestible info.
• Procurement can be taught but the team needs that attention to detail and someone who is willing to get into the weeds in terms of project management
• They will consider candidates with 3-5 years of experience, but the bill rate needs to reflect that.
• If the candidate's work history is jumpy, they won't be considered. The team is looking for someone for long term and want to avoid flight risks.
Top 3 must-haves:
1. Procurement/Sourcing experience – looking for experience preferably in Indirect Sourcing (please focus on finding candidates w/ experience working in Marketing services – agency industries, dealing w/ RFPS; understanding of retail components is a bonus)
2. Analytical – must be highly analytical & able to perform root-cause analysis – able to pull insights out of data and show results through data (financial b/g helps!)
3. Detailed oriented & Proficient in Excel (minimum should know pivot tables, v-lookup, basic formulas, charts, etc.) & PPT (reporting)
Education: Bachelor’s degree
Years of experience: 5-7+ years purchasing experience (or equivalent) in Purchasing, Procurement, Strategic Sourcing or progressive experience in Finance (flexible w/ years of experience 3+ years if highly qualified)
Interview process: 3 rounds (1-2 would be with HM’s direct managers, final round with VP)
Responsible to develop, implement and execute best practice purchasing principles, such as develop long term supplier relationships, vendor performance indicators, sourcing/procurement procedures. Position will also demonstrate and drive value through enterprise-wide adoption, support and management of eSourcing/bid management tools. Individual will support driving Marketing BQMS adoption and usage by working closely with HQ, internal Procurement team members and Marketing business owners. Identifies and implements procurement/sourcing solutions aligning with the Marketing BQMS system application while meeting HQ standards as well as sourcing initiatives conducted outside of BQMS. Constantly strives to implement efficiencies with the implementation process, training, system usage and Marketing user adoption.
The position will also be responsible for strong financial analytical support and serve as the “go-to” individual acting as the primary liaison between Procurement and internal business areas to support collaborative Procurement/Finance & Marketing strategic initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
In this position, either directly or through others, the candidate will:
• Responsible for the strategic sourcing of various products and services across multiple business teams by leveraging the end-to-end sourcing and stakeholder engagement process
• Develop strategic partnerships and negotiate pricing, NDAs, Master Agreements, Amendments, Addendums and renewals with vendors
• Collaborate with key stakeholders to continually improve supplier performance through effective contracts and supplier performance management methodologies
• Actively benchmarks costs, suppliers and vendor performance for sourcing RFx category
• Support Marketing BQMS adoption/usage and influence best practices that optimize indirect sourcing and procurement work practices
• Establish internal Procurement BQMS policy and procedures, and own the process for vendor management from vendor selection, evaluation, pricing, contract management, contract compliance and audit inquiries
• Develop BQMS operational requirements to lead competitive bid/quote process in an efficient manner
• Manage Procurement/Finance-related projects/activities to ensure compliance effective results
• Support financial review, analysis and contract management, monitoring compliance and identifying corrective actions to support the Procurement strategy for key objectives
• Build relationships with key Marketing stakeholders in order to gather category requirements and specifications from departments, category, and subject matter experts
• Set goals and drive KPI’s in accordance with the global Procurement vision
To qualify for this position, the following minimal background and skill levels are required:
• Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration or a related field from a four-year college or university; Master’s degree highly preferred
• 5-7+ years purchasing experience (or equivalent) in Purchasing, Procurement, Strategic Sourcing or progressive experience in Finance
• In-depth use and knowledge of MS Project, Excel (advanced skills such as Macros), Word, PowerPoint, Access, and SAP
• Experience performing large Sourcing/Procurement system implementations, vendor financial evaluations, vendor performance reviews and compliance risk assessments to insure process requirements are met
• Ability to analyze, implement and develop key cost savings initiatives throughout the different areas of the company; Must have a data driven approach to solving problems
• Ability to work independently, take initiative, and strong prioritization skills to manage multiple projects simultaneously; Must be a strong team player and able to lead or participate on cross functional teams
• This position demands a high degree of ethics and professionalism to ensure control of the company’s expenditures
• Excellent analytical, planning, negotiation, and written & oral communication skills
• Proven ability to influence others and drive meaningful change results
The following skills and abilities must be demonstrated at a proficient level:
• Detailed oriented person, motivated in a fast-paced environment managing multiple activities
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment in order to achieve team goals and complete assignments within established deadlines
• Excellent written and verbal communication, especially pertaining to vendor management, procurement, marketing, and procedure manuals
• Ability to cultivate strong collaborative working relationships and contacts within a work group, across other company functions and with external organizations
• Proven ability to influence others and drive meaningful change results
• Demonstrated effective writing, public speaking, and training skills
• Ability to develop and maintain excellent working relationships with multiple levels within the company and with external contacts including vendors, third-party partners and other Samsung subsidiaries
• Ability to gather and analyze data from multiple sources, prepare spreadsheets, charts, graphs and tables of information and to plan and prioritize multiple work assignments.
• Work under very little supervision and guidance to identify and ensure achievement of production team goals and to complete individual work assignments within established time frames.
• Potential travel 10%
BTI Recruiting Team
801 E Campbell Rd. Suite 230, Richardson, Texas 75081, USA