FAI/NPA Quality Specialist will be supporting and managing inspection of new product quality and on-going product quality of Wi-Fi & Mobile products. As part of this role, Quality Specialist will be working closely with overseas headquarter/manufacturing factory to comply quality level of new product meets the specifications and requirements in multiple aspects. This role will work under supervision of Sr. Quality Engineer to support overall new product and on-going product quality.
• Coordinates various customer/internal requirements and insures internal controls are in place to support them.
• Provide an interface between HQ/factory and internal teams for root cause/corrective action effectiveness.
• Assists IQA team in enforcing root cause and corrective actions are effective for on-going product quality.
• Work with the appropriate groups to disposition discrepant material found during quality inspections.
• Conduct/monitors incoming inspection results and incorporate changes to inspection checklist accordingly.
• Generates inspection plans/checklists for utilizing at incoming inspection.
• Assist/support IQA staff and senior level Quality Engineer staff.
• Co-op with IQA supervisors, leads, test technicians and inspectors on new processes implemented/planned.
• Applies basic knowledge of departmental principles and procedures. Performs work within company and regulatory guidelines.
• Requires a Bachelor’s degree with preference of Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or equivalent.
• 0-1 years of job related experience as preference and prior experience in telecommunications engineering a plus.
• Experience with MS Office including but not limited to, Excel, Word, and Access.
• Must be able to speak in mathematical/statistical terms (normality, probability, complex numbers, and logarithms are commonly used as references).
• The ability to development and maintain excellent working relationships with multiples levels within the company and with external contacts including customers, authorized service agents, sales & equipment service representatives, etc.
• The ability to gather and analyze data from multiple sources, prepare spreadsheets, charts, graphs and tables of information and to plan and prioritize multiple work assignments.
• The ability to read, write, provide critical technical review and prepare reports, technical manuals, test procedures and technical product information.
• Demonstrated English language competency in both oral and written communication modes for both internal and external communications, especially in training of repair technicians communications of troubleshooting techniques.
• Knowledge of Korean (speaking, reading, translating to English) considered a strong advantage.
• Due to fast pace business trend and characteristic of this team, daily HQ video conference, HQ communication beyond normal working hour & weekend dedication will be required as business support is needed.
• The demonstrated ability to solve problems involving highly diverse conditions requiring creativity to search for solutions among learned things.
Physical/Mental Demands and Working Conditions:
• Work generally performed in an office, lab, warehouse, or user environment.
• May operate PC and product test equipment between 50% - 100% in an alternating sedentary and highly mobile position.
• Lift, move, or adjust general test equipment, boxes, supplies, materials or products weighing up to 50 pounds using proper materials handling equipment and procedures.
• High level of visual acuity, numeric/character distinction and moderate color distinction for accurate test equipment operation, for information analysis and error recognition.
• High hand/finger dexterity with fine motor coordination skills to perform electronic component repair work.
• Machines, tools, equipment, and work aids representative and commonly associated with electronic component test, assembly and repair work including test equipment, testing device, technician hand tools, cables, etc; first aid kit is available and prescription safety glasses are required in certain test areas.
• May require working additional hours beyond normal schedule.
• Travel varies depending on position. Consistently demonstrates a commitment to policies and procedures, including but not limited to, attendance, confidentiality, conflict of interest, and ethical responsibilities.
BTI Recruiting Team
801 E Campbell Rd. Suite 230, Richardson, Texas 75081, USA