Must Have Skills:
1. Protocol knowledge (5G/LTE, IMS/VOLTE & all Call flows) - If they have previous 4g in mobile domain that will also be okay.
2. Field testing knowledge (Logging, debugging, test case creation, etc..)
3. Requirement & Telecom Standards understanding (able to understand & relate test conditions w.r.t carrier requirements/3GPP standards)
2-3 years total experience, Bachelors degree required.
Interview process: There will be 2 steps- 1st will be a phone interview, then will move on to a WebEx video call with manager and team members.
The main function of a software QA engineer is to research and test the design, requirements, functionality and maintenance of software, systems and processes and develop quality standards.
• Responsible for the verification and validation of latest test devices and software applications.
• Includes executing field/protocol test in a mobile or stationary environments based on 5G/LTE/GSM technologies
• Creates, extends, and executes automated test plans to verify Wireless Mobile operation.
• Use of logging tools and analyzing issue from logs, call failure and call drop analysis.
• Prepare test reports on readiness of software after analysis of test results (Pass/Failures).
• Report defects found during testing on the test management system and track defect status periodically.
• Analyze carrier requirement documents/3GPP specifications, develop test cases and create drive routes.
• Assist seniors in preparation of progress reports and performing work audit.
• Individual contributor role will contribute to the product development team.
• 5G/LTE/GSM and IMS/VoLTE, TCP/IP, IMS, E911 and 3GPP/3GPP2 Standards
• Experience with tools like QXDM/QCAT/QPST, Wireshark/Ethereal/ADB
• Experience in Android and smartphone platforms, including telephony and RIL, AP/MDM Chipset Architecture
• Experience in project tracking systems like JIRA, Test Central etc
• Team player, detail oriented and ability to work effectively with other team members.
• Work under minimum supervision and tight business deadlines.
• Availability to work overtime during weekdays, weekends, travel (occasionally, up to 20%)
Bachelor's degree in computer science or EE or related field required.
3-5 years experience required.
BTI Recruiting Team
801 E Campbell Rd. Suite 230, Richardson, Texas 75081, USA