1. Will need to submit a work sample (please see the note at the bottom of JD)
2. Local candidates preferred: remote during COVID-19, but will be based in the office in Plano, TX.
3. Option to extend if qualified.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Film/Video or Animation, or equivalent professional experience of 3-5 years.
• Expert-level proficiency with Adobe CC suite, particularly Premiere and After Effects. Familiarity with Photoshop and Illustrator are also preferred.
• Familiarity with manipulation and animation of existing vector imagery, such as diagrams or renderings from product user manuals, to be used as graphic elements in live-action videos, or animated elements.
• Advanced knowledge of camera operation principles:
o Fluency with FS7/ Sony camcorders; Canon DSLRs
o Deep understanding of proper exposure/frame rate/resolution (1080 and 4K)
o Fastidious about proper white balancing vs. fixing issues in editing
o Understanding of exposure/white balancing/troubleshooting moiré, refresh scan lines, and other issues for LED screens (TVs, mobile devices)
o Basic understanding of lighting principles for technology as well as human subjects in interview contexts
o Ability to safely work with Kino Flo and ARRI lighting, as well as common grip equipment such as C-stands, apple boxes, sandbags, etc.
• Advanced knowledge of video editing principles:
o Best practices working between AE and Premiere (Dynamic links and Round trip workflow – creating templates in After Effects for use in Premiere is preferred)
o Adobe library template creation
o Understanding of 4K workflow and working with proxies
o Understanding of Lumetri color correction understanding (not just LUTs) & secondary color correction (removing color casts from device screens)
o Familiarity with corner pinning/lens distortion correction
o Ability to work within a non-destructive workflow
o Familiarity with audio best practices (compression/limiting/mixing via the Premiere Audio Track Mixer)
o Exporting via Media Encoder – best practices, understanding of export codecs and bitrates, and advanced settings
• Able to work with scripts or outlines and translate them into shooting scripts for dynamic videos that cast products in the best possible light.
• Able to re-work technical language (ie. user manuals) into smooth, explanatory voiceover and text – the ideal candidate will have a passion for explaining technical processes to a layperson, and will strive to create videos in which voiceover, text, graphics, and image all work together to provide information in the most efficient, engaging way possible.
• The ideal candidate will be experienced in working in a corporate environment, comfortable communicating via office email, drive conversations to get needed information, and follow common corporate communications etiquette.
• Time management is extremely important – the candidate must be able to work and provide updates on multiple projects, proactively call out roadblocks and risks, meet deadlines, ask questions when needed, and desire to grow in their role.
• The ideal candidate makes the job their first priority, works quickly, and contributes to the team.
Candidates without portfolios or work examples will not be considered. This means:
• Editing showreel or examples
• Filming/cinematography showreel or examples
• Writing examples (creative or technical)
BTI Recruiting Team
801 E Campbell Rd. Suite 230, Richardson, Texas 75081, USA