Plano, TX (On-site)
Logistics Sourcing Specialist
The Logistics Sourcing Specialist is responsible for efficient freight forwarder/carrier(“supplier”) sourcing processes to save costs and maximize profitability to participate in the potential customer’s logistics bids. The position negotiates with suppliers to obtain goods, materials, and services at the best prices by using sourcing strategies and extensive knowledge of their commodity industry.
Duties and Responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Conducting internal and external RFQ data analysis and cost research for freight forwarder/carrier sourcing.
- Implementing business opportunity inventories within the company.
- Obtaining quotes from different suppliers.
- Negotiating price, quantity, terms and conditions with freight forwarders/carriers.
- Working with legal team to ensure all conditions regarding the business are met in the contract.
- Administering company’s internal procurement system during the sourcing process.
- Evaluating suppliers’ quotes and compiling a detailed assessment of cost element breakdowns.
- Maintaining quote comparison with financial simulation and providing the data for freight forwarder/carrier selection
- Consulting sales team with recommendation/solutions to improve potential customers’ logistics practices.
- Bachelor’s Degree +
- 6+ years of experience as a freight forwarding or logistics sourcing/operation.
- Experience in freight forwarding/broker company will be plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel for handling quotation/cost analysis
- Problem solving and negotiating skills for negotiation.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills.
- May be required to work additional hours outside of regularly scheduled business hours or weekend or holidays to meet business needs.