Load Planning Coordinator
2825 E Jurupa St. Ontario CA 91761 (Onsite)
Under the supervision and guidance of a Transportation Manager, the Load Planning Coordinator is responsible for the delivery order life cycle and transportation load planning associated with our products, including load creation, carrier assignment, tracking/tracing, customer delivery, and customer product returns and claims. The Load Planning Coordinator ensures all deliveries are effectively translated into a systemic load plan within the Transportation Management System (TMS and Warehouse Management System (WMS) to achieve sales targets and meet customer delivery expectations.
Role and Responsibilities
- Proven experience communicating and working with multiple divisions (customer service, transportation, returns, etc.) to meet customer expectations.
- Background and experience in key functions of the Supply Chain – including but not limited to Warehousing, Transportation, Reverse Logistics, Returns Management, and Customer Service.
- Ability to create dynamic reporting for key measurable and performance tracking.
- Ability to identify process improvements with attention to detail.
- Various systems management (internal and external) to accomplish daily/weekly/monthly tasks.
- Ability to proficiently manage multiple tasks/projects while staying organized in day-to-day activities.
- Work directly with 3PLs to resolve customer complaints and issues.
- Documenting and data collection for supporting departments/activities
- Ability to make decisions based on cost and service drivers to better serve the organization.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred and 2+ years of experience in logistics and/or transportation.
- Load Planning/Order Management experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of Transportation Management Systems and Warehouse Management Systems.
- Strong Excel proficiency and skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work well in teams and work with remote teammates.
- Works on problems of limited and routine scope where limited analysis of data requires identification of predetermined solutions.
- Exercises judgment within defined practices and policies in selection of methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Typically has general knowledge of logistics operations related to employee’s specific area of work, and knowledge of overall logistics operations.
- Is able to identify standard problems within the delivery cycle and makes a recommendation to provide a solution to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Ability to work extended periods of time in an open office environment
- Position will be in a warehouse office.
- Candidates will be required to walk the warehouse dock as needed to validate carrier pickups, interact with the shipping team and issue resolution.