The main function would be to Lead and manage the Lab IOT for mobile devices and new features for US operators like AT&T and TMO.
The typical network engineer will be responsible for performing detailed analysis of 4G and 5G protocols, managing all the IOT activities and take it to final reports and acceptance.
- Leading and planning the Lab IOT for our device certification as per process defined with US operators.
- Test Plan understanding, execution for smartphone devices in customer/3rd party Labs for conformance and IOT.
- Detailed analysis of Logs, Troubleshooting of issues faced during the Lab/IOT for these smartphone/devices.
- Analyzing the customer requirements, converting then into system requirements and capturing of detail design for the development team.
- Aid in product & feature performance analysis, evaluation of new product & SW releases
- Responsible for analyzing and troubleshooting issues reported from customer labs, field sites and production network.
- Review and provide recommendations to improve RAN network performance by evaluating and trending key KPIs, performing trials and providing optimization guidelines.
- Provides technical support and troubleshooting for device issues faced during Lab/IOT.
- Daily and Final reports and summary as pert of deliverables to HQ, Customers.
- Managing Risks and making plans for mitigating or resolving them for smooth execution of the project.
- 5G/LTE protocol experience (NR/5G, RRC, Carrier aggregation, Throughput, ENDC/NSA/SA etc.)
- UE/Handset test experience (QXDM/QCAT tools, Log basic analysis)
- Device IOT Technical Lead/Managerial skills for US operators.
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Basic ability to work independently and manage time. Lead position to drive and manage things.
- Strong knowledge in 4G and 5G air interface and specifically focused on Device side radio protocols
- Bachelor's/Master's degree in computer science or a related field required.
- Experience working with Device IOT/Technical Specialist/RAN within the telecom/handset companies.
- 7-10 years experience required.