Dev Lead, Mobile Services Backend
Remote in USA (Preferred location is Mountain view / Bellevue / NJ)
We are seeking a skilled senior backend developer to lead a steam responsible for the development and maintenance of backend services targeted for mobile-apps.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical leadership by providing architectural guidance and establishing best practices.
- Lead an engineering team for projects from the requirements gathering phase to the release phase.
- Translation of complex requirements into detailed design
- Hire, train, and supervise engineering staff members.
- Maintain current technical knowledge to support rapidly changing technology.
- Expertise in building REST based reactive micro services platform
- Experience and thorough understanding of relational and NoSQL databases
- Familiarly with event/message driven system design and architecture
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, enterprise systems, and asynchronous architectures
- Proven track record on delivering results, especially in the area of writing high-performance, reliable and maintainable code.
- Expertise in DevOps process and tooling for deployment, monitoring and site reliability engineering
- Familiar with managing applications in cloud.
- Experience in AWS is an added advantage.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and be able to effectively drive cross-team solutions that have complex dependencies and requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelors of Science in Computer Science (or equivalent)
- 7+ years of overall software development experience