Dev Lead, Mobile Services Backend
Remote in USA (Preferred location is Mountain view / Bellevue / NJ)
We’re looking for talented a Senior Engineering Lead who is interested in building our eCommerce platform that provides for our existing and future businesses.
As a Senior Engineering Lead, you will work cross functionally with the product team, data analysis and reporting team, and internal and external partner teams.
You will help architect solutions to problems and lead the development effort.
You will lead a small team of engineers to mentor and supervise.
Role and Responsibilities:
You will be expected to have:
- Have a good understanding of the eCommerce platform micro services and ability to come up with solutions spanning across micro services.
- Have good understanding of frontend framework like React.js, Angular.js
- Work end to end on micro-services and SPAs built on cutting edge technologies like Node.js / Express
- Work with great Engineers and solve difficult problems aimed at making the Customer experience seamless
- Manage interactions with internal and external partner teams.
- Teach and groom junior developers and help them to produce great code
- Share technical knowledge and build best practices across teams
- Be SME on one or more technologies in our organization
- Setting up monitoring dashboards, alerts and other technical operations related items for the microservices you own.
Skills and Qualification:
- An expert knowledge of Software Engineering best practices, Software development life cycle including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project as a team.
- Experience in communicating with other technical teams like Test and Product to collect requirements and translate the product requirements to technical requirements.
- Ability to come up with the high level design based on the requirements, document it and explain it to the junior members of the team.
- Experience in technically leading and mentoring small teams of size 4 to 8 members
- Bachelors / Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field in a reputable institution
- Minimum 10 years professional experience in software development
- Proficient in backend and frontend development
- Proficient in technologies like:
o Node.js and frameworks like Express or Hapi
o Angular or ReactJs
o SQL like Postgres, Cockroach DB
o NoSQL like MongoDB or RethinkDB
o Caching frameworks like Redis
o Asynchronous event processing like RabbitMQ
- Experience in mentoring and working with remote teams
- Strong analytical and programming skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Good understanding of Computer Science fundamentals
- Good understanding of Object oriented programming concepts
- Good understanding of web technologies
- Quick learner with passion to learn and adapt to new technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and being a team player
- Attention to details and striving for perfection
- Working in Agile environment
- Experience in leading technical teams.