Transportation Load Planner
- Transportation Knowledge-Has Planning Experience (Inbound or Outbound), understands LTL, vs. Parcel, vs. Truckload etc.
- Bold- Not afraid to pick up the phone, question things, resolve problems, can think outside of the box, and find solutions
- Multi-Tasker- Can juggle several e-mails and management of Trucks all at once
Responsible under the direct supervision of the Sr. Transportation Manager to route small parcel, LTL, and Truckload shipments and to record shipment activities in the JDA TMS. Schedule appointments with Customers, secure capacity with Carriers in advance of volume, track loads in-transit, research delivery discrepancies, and verify proof of deliveries. Prepare reports and charts, and help others process documents for scheduled product shipments. Contact vendors, carriers for customer-specific product shipment routing. Ability to communicate effectively with internal partners when issues with Customers arise. Ensure accuracy and timeliness in performance of all activities. Must be able to balance multiple responsibilities in a fast-paced environment to support our customer nationwide.
Common Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Analyze delivery requests, select optimal appointment time and schedule the requests according to our optimization and metrics
- Partner effectively with internal partners such as demand fulfillment, SCM, and warehouse operations to plan and schedule customer shipments
- Secure capacity with truck load carriers based off advance forecasting data
- Schedule and plan customer routed freight
- Continuous tracking and tracing of all inbound/outbound shipments
- Obtain and analyze rate quotations from transportation carriers.
- Resolve immediate concerns related to customer issues for loads in transit.
- Understand and be able to execute freight payables process
- Complete opportunity assessments for service level and cost improvements
- Accountable for carrier performance
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain, Logistics Management, Economics or related field or equivalent on the job experience
- 1-3 years industry experience, specifically in Transportation planning, scheduling, or operations
- Must be able to communicate effectively with various types of shipping, transportation, and logistics agents and employees within the Samsung organization to identify and resolve product shipping and logistics issues.
- Must be able to prepare, write, read, and demonstrate effective communications language skills.
- Prior Transportation Management System (TMS) experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of transportation operational terms and best practices
- Flexible work schedule that may require non-standard work hours
Physical/Mental Demands & Conditions:
- The ability to prioritize multiple and simultaneous projects, issues, and activities.
- The ability to read, prepare, interpret, and understand product shipment information from various order and shipping documents to ensure accuracy and thorough preparation of transportation documents.
- Ability to communicate in writing, or orally, product logistics matters to others.
- Ability to independently follow and execute work assignments to provide effective product shipping and logistics data entry services to achieve business objectives, product delivery, and organizational goals within established time frames and specifications. The ability to follow procedures and make decisions determined from available choices and from well-established guidelines. The ability to analyze situations and use innovation to resolve problems.
- Must be able to work without supervision; self-starter
- Must be experienced in the MS Office with specifically intermediate knowledge of Excel.
- Work is generally performed in an office environment.
- Operate a computer keyboard and view a video display terminal.
- Performs work under time schedules and stresses which are normally periodic or cyclical, including time sensitive job stress, intellectual challenge, and constant technical data feedback.
- May be called upon to work additional hours beyond normal schedule.
- Under direct supervision with responsibility to follow and apply general policies and guidelines where work is seldom monitored and consequences of decisions may involve internal losses or costs to correct. Position has access to some confidential data where disclosure is negotiable or the sensitive nature of the data is not evident.