1. Detail oriented
3. Excel proficiency
Nice to Haves:
1. Bilingual in Korean
1. WHF for now but will be required to come into the office once it reopens.
Under the guidance of a Senior Manager, this position is responsible for a transactional part of the logistics cycle for all products; including manufacturing, warehouse tracking, customer delivery, and customer product returns and claims.
The position ensures the smooth transportation of routine products through the international transportation channel by managing individual shipments in transit, selecting standard shipping/warehousing methods, collecting and processing delivery and documentation items, and processing claims via email, phone and personal contact with logistics colleagues, business partners, internal partners, and customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Conduct a transactional process from factory to distribution center, making routine decisions using pre-determined decision alternatives on matters that have business impact.
• Provide analysis and report through data process and maintenance (Forecast, Routing, KPI, Container and Load management)
• Oversee destination transportation operation to ensure execution and delivery of priority and KPI containers.
• Coordinate and execute special project transportation and ancillary services
• Document and data collection to support department projects/activities
• Work in a continuous improvement spirit across a highly-matrix working environment
• Complete all other duties as assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelors or equivalent degree of experience.
• 2-5 years of experience.
• Has general knowledge of logistics operations from factory to distribution center.
• Excellent verbal and written communication. A team player.
• Experience in SAP, proficiency in Excel at intermediate to high level with emphasis on large data sample management.
• High level of accuracy and efficiency. Detail Oriented. Works on problems of limited and routine scope where limited analysis of data requires identification of predetermined solutions.
• Interprets gathered data to propose solution and process improvement.
• Can work with minimum supervision.
• The ability to read, interpret, and understand product shipment information from various order and shipping documents to ensure accuracy and thorough preparation of transportation documents.
• Works on problems of limited and routine scope where limited analysis of data requires identification of predetermined solutions.
• Exercises judgment within defined practices and policies in selection of methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
• Typically has general knowledge of logistics operations related to employee’s specific area of work, and limited knowledge of overall logistics operations.
• Is able to identify standard problems within the delivery cycle and makes recommendations to change either delivery methods or dates, and authorize standard returns or claims to ensure customer satisfaction.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• This is a Contract position based in Plano, Texas.
• Due to the nature of the business, this role requires the incumbent to be onsite in the office Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 5:30 pm
• Must be able to work after-hours as needed
• May be required to travel within the United States.
• Environmental factors: seated at a desk, using a computer, telephone, etc.