Truckload Carrier Sourcing Manager
Plano, TX (on-site)
The Truckload Carrier Sourcing Manager is responsible for strategically sourcing the optimal TL carriers nationwide to improve service quality and cost in a timely manner, in accordance with all applicable regulatory and company requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Execute a strategic sourcing process with a focus on continuous improvement in total cost, innovation, quality, and service
- Negotiate preferable costs and manage carrier contracts and relationships with TL carriers.
- Develop a sourcing strategy for mainly TL transportation, define bidding project scopes and identify savings opportunities.
- Implement policies and metrics to ensure savings goals are realized.
- Develop carrier risk mitigation strategies
- Work with business unit transportation leaders to identify new transportation needs.
- Report sourcing/project results to leadership including branch GMs to facilitate positive outcomes.
- Identify new sources in order to meet business requirements.
- Assess current and future market trends, and prepares price forecasts for the business
- May be required to work additional hours outside of regularly scheduled business hours or weekend or holidays to meet business needs
- Bachelor’s Degree +
- 15+ years of logistics industry experience
- 10+ years of sourcing contract truckload carrier experience
- Experience of 3PL industry will be plus.
- Analytical, and excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills.