Logistics Coordinator - Home Appliance Direct Ship
Full-time, Contract (Option to extend for long term if candidate is qualified.)
** Local candidates preferred (will need to come into the office once they reopen)
Under the guidance of a manager, this position is responsible for the logistics cycle of the products shipping from the overseas factory to US Customer Distribution Centers.
The position ensures the smooth transportation of routine products through the transportation channel by managing individual shipments in transit, selecting standard shipping methods, collecting, and processing delivery and documentation items, processing Inbound Extra Charge and Claims via email, phone and personal contact with logistics colleagues, business partners, internal partners, and customers.
Top Must Haves:
1. Entry level
2. Excel skills
3. ERP system experience
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Required Knowledge, Education and/or Experience:
- Proactively manage all aspects of the assigned Direct Ship accounts
- Timely tracking of Inbound shipment and delivery tracking, including management of multiple lines of communication between factories, shippers, customers and internal parties, maintaining details and relaying pertinent information to appropriate parties
- Gather, distribute, and process required documentation in various stages of completion in a highly time sensitive environment
- Identify risks and opportunities, when developing logistics plan and accessorial freight charge estimates for local and international shipments to ensure cost-effective, safe, and efficient transportation of the products.
- Review, process necessary approval and assist with the timely invoicing of accessorial charges and work closely with accounting department to ensure billing accuracy
- Ensure compliance with customs, export, applicable foreign trade/importation laws, as well as applicable federal transport regulations
- Provide analysis and report through data process and maintenance
- Under managerial supervision coordinates special project transportation and ancillary services
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors or equivalent degree of experience.
- 0-2 years of experience (new graduates are fine)
- Accustomed to working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and has the ability to work under time pressures
- General knowledge of logistics operations from factory to customer distribution center.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and has the ability to handle multiple priorities without losing details
- Experience in SAP, and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, Powerpoint, etc)
- High level of accuracy and efficiency. Detail Oriented. Works on problems of limited and routine scope where limited analysis of data requires identification of predetermined solutions.
- Can work with minimum supervision.