Production Planning Specialist
Coppell, TX (start remote but need to be local will be on site at end of June)
- Scheduling and planning experience,
- Dealing with a lot of numbers so that is very important to be able to digest large numbers, fast paced environment
- Create schedules for upper management
- Experience dealing with 3rd party vendors
- SAP experience
Production Planning Specialist will be primarily responsible for forecasting and planning SW re-flash schedule for the upcoming postponement project. This role will utilize GSCM, FP, SAP, WM, and PES systems to schedule production orders. The specialist will function as the point of contact for third-party logistics packaging leadership team, warehouse operations personnel, and other members of the management team within SEA. Candidate should be considered a seasoned and experienced professional with extensive understanding of the job scope.
- Assist in developing SW re-flash and production plans in FP/SAP by analyzing business needs, supply chain availability, and customer expectations.
- Assist in analyzing material availability to support the production plan.
- Communicates and ensures that all interested parties, including senior leadership, are kept abreast of the production schedule and results.
- Develop SW re-flash and production schedule to meet RTF, RDD, and other customer requirements.
- Engages with interdepartmental teams and third-party vendors to support ECNs, manage EOLs, and drive cost reduction initiatives.
- Coordinates with process engineering team to manage line capacity and labor plan.
- Publish various reports to senior leadership team regarding production and labor forecast/status, cost savings initiatives, and other strategic projects.
- Will act as the point of contact for third-party logistics packaging, sales order management, Sourcing and Procurement, Quality, Process Engineering, and Warehouse teams.
- The specialist will be responsible for resolving and preventing any issues that affect the packaging plan, ensuring production runs smoothly.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 2-5 years of experience is required.
- Prior experience in production planning, scheduling, supply chain, or inventory control is preferred.
- Prior experience utilizing SAP or similar business enterprise systems for scheduling in highly preferred.
- Experience using Microsoft PC software including extensive use of Excel spreadsheets, Word, Power Point.
- Ability to develop and maintain excellent working relationships with various levels within the company and with customers.
- The ability to gather data, organize, plan, and prioritize multiple assignments and information.
- The ability to read, write, and prepare comprehensive spreadsheets and present documents, reports, charts, materials, and related information.
- Demonstrate competency in both oral and written communication.
- Ability to solve problems requiring creativity to search for solution among learned experiences.
- Work under guided objectives and broad functional direction.
- Capability to work under time sensitive pressure and adapt to the ever-changing business needs.