- Forecasting experience,
- Supply planning experience
- eCommerce or electronics industry experience.
The Forecasting and Planning Manager is responsible for understanding and accurately calculating all the demand influencing factors for specific products and product families. Getting to the most accurate demand forecast requires working closely with Product, Sales, Marketing, and Finance by leveraging best in class processes like CPFR and S&OP to develop consensus forecasts. Demand Forecasts will feed into supply planning and requires balancing being fully in stock against driving excess, obsolete, or aged inventory. The eCommerce Forecasting and Planning Manager will design and execute strategic objectives, define data and reporting requirements and process improvements to scale management of the eCommerce business and enhance the customer experience. This will require collaborating among Supply Chain, Customer Service, IT, and other teams. The Planner should embrace, adopt, and help drive automation and tools development.
- Develop and manage the forecasting of demand and supply for specific products sold through SEA eCommerce to ensure attainment of revenue goals, optimization of in-stock and fulfillment rates, and customer satisfaction.
- Confer with fulfillment sales management, business management and SEA Supply Chain Management on demand planning and forecasting assumptions and analysis.
- Prepare reports and statistics related to the demand planning and forecasting function
- Measure key performance indicators to track and evaluate forecasts made, to assist in assessing the effectiveness of the demand planning & forecasting function.
- Manage weekly CPFR processes with internal partners.
- Develop effective S&OP management to drive consensus and accuracy in demand plans with Category Managers and financial or strategic objectives.
- Run day to day business operations of eCommerce Demand planning by reviewing open orders and collaborating with teams to prevent back orders and ensure accurate delivery promise messaging on the website.
- Work with our Supply Chain team and category managers on improving backorder, EOL, replacement, and order exceptions to pro-actively prevent order issues.
- Create documentation and standard operating procedure documents.
- Manage customer promise dates for shipping and Customer Service escalations for “Where’s my Stuff”.
- Partner with data scientists to develop and improve forecast automation and tools.
- Monitor and take action on exception reporting, weekly business reviews and KPI’s.
- Develop and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with all stakeholders.
- Develop strategies to mitigate risk, prevent obsolescence and aged inventory.
Education and Experience:
- Knowledge of direct-to-consumer eCommerce business processes and best practices, in order to inform decision-making processes
- Responsibility for eCommerce forecasting and product supply, managed in a manner so as to ensure attainment of revenue goals and to optimize customer satisfaction through best-in-class fulfillment.
- Supply chain experience, with a focus on demand planning, preferably within an eCommerce business.
- Prior experience in a Consumer Electronics manufacturer and/or retailer strongly preferred.
- Strong knowledge of eCommerce best practices and trends.
- Ability to navigate the organization to gather information, elicit feedback, gain buy-in, and engage others in B2C activities.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to work under pressure and deadlines. In addition, must be able to manage multiple projects and often competing priorities.
- 5 - 7 years of equivalent work experience required.
- College degree and/or equivalent work experience required.
- Proficiency in all components of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of Tableau is a plus.
- Knowledge of direct-to-consumer eCommerce business practices and operations is highly desirable.
- Experience in leading eCommerce supply chain management function, preferably within an IR500 retailer, is required.
- Self-starter who is able to drive tasks with little supervision and navigate ambiguity.
- Product/category experience, for consumer electronics and/or technology products, is desirable.
- Knowledge of premium brand channel sales, marketing, and operational processes is desirable.
- Extreme attention to detail is required.
- Ability to clearly articulate assumptions and risks is required.
- Statistical forecasting experience is a plus.
- Customer focus is critical.