8+ years of professional experience
5+ years for LTE, 5G
Top Three Must Have Skills:
UE logs analysis, field issue debugging, LTE/5G
eNB logs analysis, KPI analysis, clear communication as role needs customer interaction.
Bachelor’s degree Min. PHD preferred
usually range from 9-6pm
: Houston, TX
(local candidates work remote until reopen. Okay with Non-local candidate but must relocate once offices and WFH is lifted.)
Role and Responsibilities:
Skills and Qualifications:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to communicate key technical concepts, ability to package complex ideas into logical, easy-to-follow progressions
- Accountable for leading field integration testing efforts of all 4G/5G key features with customers, including test plan development, reviewing test plan with customers, driving cross-functional teams to execution, review of test results, issue identification and analysis and quality proofing until software acceptance is achieved.
- Responsible for handling deep technical discussion with team members and leading to right direction
- Responsible for hands on analysis of network performance issues (i.e., air interface, call processing, etc.) and creating solutions to meet network optimization expectations
- Adapt to changes in a dynamic business environment, support management initiatives, and guide other engineers
- Responsible for Tier3 support, analyzing and troubleshooting scheduler related issues reported from customer labs, field sites and production network.
- Exercise judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions and results.
- Present ideas, technical and non-technical, in a logical, compelling manner in a written format and verbally in both small and large group settings
- Work with the Network Engineering and Operations Teams on the cell site’s antenna and RF equipment configuration and database parameters
- Must be knowledgeable about development tools
Physical/Mental Demands and Working Conditions:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering; Master’s Degree or Ph. D. Degree a plus; 8+ years of professional experience in Engineering: 5+ years for LTE, 5G.
- Demonstrated research and problem-solving skills via prior work experience. Experience with wireless infrastructure provider and/or operator is desired.
- Experienced and fluent with 3GPP RAN product architecture, design, implementation, and performance improvements (KPIs).
- Solid understanding all technical problems in LTE, RF fundamentals and data network protocols
- Strong technical knowledge of CDMA/EVDO and LTE/Volte/5G technologies
- Must have 4G/5G Call Processing experience with in-depth knowledge of RRC, S1-MME, S1-U and X2 protocols and understanding of concepts such as Hybrid Beamforming, Massive MIMO, New Waveforms, LTE-NR interworking & co-existence, 5G Numerologies etc.
- Must have a strong work ethic, integrity and work extremely well in a team environment
- Must have an aptitude for creativity and innovation
- Advanced working knowledge of Base Station Vendor equipment (Samsung, Alcatel Lucent, Nokia, Ericsson)
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Bilingual in Korean is a PLUS
The position requires the ability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities in the following environment:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Must be skilled in developing and maintaining good working relationships with all appropriate levels within and outside the company
- Operate a computer keyboard and view a video display terminal more than 75% of work time in an office work environment
- Frequently works additional hours beyond normal schedule
- Performs work under time schedules and stresses which are normally periodic or cyclical and include time sensitive job stress, fatigue, unpaid over-time, intellectual challenge, constant technical data feedback, language barriers, and project management stress.
- Machines, tools, equipment, and work aids include PC’s, printers, etc. most often associated with office work area equipment
- Travel to customer locations, trade shows, etc. approximately 20% of time
- Under minimal supervision with a high level of responsibility to apply general policies and guidelines where decisions are seldom monitored, consequences of decisions may adversely affect operating results and management decisions. Position has complete access to confidential company data where disclosure may jeopardize the company’s competitive position